January 7, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Mode de Vie Software today is pleased to announce the release of MyThoughts 1.2, an update to their popular mind mapping software for Mac OS X. MyThoughts for Mac is an ideal solution for those wishing to improve their brainstorming, learning, memory, and information processing through the powerful technique of mind mapping.
MyThoughts for Mac's intuitive design allows users to quickly create visually appealing, unique and brain friendly mind maps. MyThoughts for Mac includes a media browser containing over 3000 images and icons. iPhoto is seamlessly integrated into the media browser affording the user drag and drop access to their library of unique mind mapping images. Add to this, MyThoughts for Mac allows the user to drag and drop images from Finder and web browsers directly to the mind map branch.
The Print Manager within MyThoughts makes printing large mind maps over multiple sheets hassle free and gives access to enhanced printing options, including the ability to add text and images to headers and footers.
Creating Mind Maps that require elaboration is made simple. MyThoughts includes a Notes Editor and users can drag web URLs directly from the browser to a mind map branch, providing a one click process to open up the browser and return to the chosen web page.
New in Version 1.2
* New Mind Map Branch Styles
* New Relationship Line Arrow Styles
* Drag and drop URLs direct from browser to Mind Map Branch
* Improved Image controls including Opacity and Arrange
* Floating text
* Import of FreeMind files
MyThoughts Feature highlights include:
* Easy to use
* Visually Appealing Mind Maps
* Uncluttered, intuitive User Interface
* Creates organic, flowing, brain friendly Mind Maps
* Choice of Mind Map Branch Styles
* Choice of Relationship Arrow Styles
* Adjust the curvature of Branches quickly and easily
* Media Browser includes over 3000 high quality images and icons
* iPhoto is seamlessly integrated into the Media Browser
* Image Controls include opacity and bring-to-front/send-to-back
* Drag and Drop Images from the Media Browser to Mind Map Branches or the Central Thought
* Drag and Drop Images from the Web to Mind Map Branches or the Central Thought
* Drag and Drop Images from Finder to Mind Map Branches or the Central Thought
* Link from branches to URLs or Files using Drag and Drop
* Add notes to the Mind Map Branches using the Notes Editor
* Add Outline Numbering
* Add Floating Text
* Print Manager makes printing large mind maps hassle free
* Collapsible/Expandable Branches
* Panning of large Mind Maps
* Add properties to the Mind Map Document (Author, Keywords, etc)
* Import of FreeMind Files
* OPML Import and Export option to share with iPhone Mind Mapping Apps
* Share your Mind Maps and/or Notes as Pages and Word documents
* Enhanced PDF Export options including password security
"Version 1.2 of MyThoughts for Mac, sees a number of refinements as well as additions to it's feature set. Ease of use continues to be a priority and the intuitive, uncluttered user interface remains. Users now benefit from enhanced mind mapping options such as the new branch and relationship line arrow styles. Floating text has been a frequent feature request and we are pleased to include this in version 1.2." said Susanne Edwards, commercial director of Mode de Vie Software. "It has been a busy year, with a relocation from the UK to Australia, the continued development of MyThoughts for Mac and the preparations for the Apple Mac App Store. Now that we are settled into our new office in Melbourne, we are looking forward to realising the product development plans we have for 2011."
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later (Snow Leopard Compatible)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 112 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
MyThoughts 1.2 is priced at $49.00 (USD) for a single-user license. A 5 License Family Pack is available for only $69.00. Educational Institute Pricing is also offered.
Located in Melbourne, Australia, Mode de Vie Software is a privately held company founded by husband and wife team Alan and Susanne Edwards. With a focus on ease-of-use and meticulous attention to detail, Mode de Vie Limited specializes in the design and development of software applications for the Mac platform. With MyThoughts as their flagship product, and as long time mind mappers themselves, the company was born from the founders passion for innovation and a desire for a mind mapping solution that suited their own needs. Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Mode de Vie Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhoto, and iWork are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Mind Mapping or Mind Maps are the registered trademarks of the Buzan Organisation Ltd. The MyThoughts Logo and Magician are trademarks of Mode de Vie Software (c) Susanne Edwards 2009 - 2011.