January 13, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - 955 Dreams Inc. today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of The History of Jazz 1.0.1, an interactive timeline of the History of Jazz for Apple's revolutionary iPad device. This app makes your iPad come alive with rich video, audio and superb design. The app features the legends of Jazz and provides an understanding of the various genres in Jazz complete with album previews and detailed biographies for each artist.
This app has been designed to make your iPad come alive with a wonderful interface and a unique navigation element which is fun and easy to use. Learn about Jazz by simply browsing through the genres in chronological order and listen to hours of beautiful music and connect with the artists that made Jazz what it is today.
You can actually see and hear how Jazz evolved over time. This app has something for everyone and anyone who likes music. The navigational elements are all unique and dance underneath your fingertips - you really need to see it to believe it. Reading a book on Jazz is like learning how to fly a kite indoors. The subject is rich with characters and music that a traditional book does not do it justice. In this app you will find:
* A way to traverse the chronological history of Jazz as an art-form. The navigation element is both fun and tactile to multiple touches of your fingers at a time.
* A way to traverse through the various genres of Jazz easily and effortlessly
* Learn about the seminal figures in Jazz - the Legends of Jazz are represented with video and images. They really come alive in this app and you get to experience the genre through the artists that made it happen. You can enjoy just the videos and the short biography or dig deeper and read the more thorough encyclopedic article on each artist.
* Each artist comes with a curated list of Essential Songs and Essential Albums that allows you to sample each song and then decide to build your own Jazz collection with an integrated experience with iTunes.
* In each Genre you will not only experience its Legends but also get to sample tracks while you browse through the content. You can view videos that showcase the various legends right within the app to truly get a feel for each Genre.
* For more advanced Jazz fans - you will find the curated list of videos especially entertaining and the transitions between genres will come alive. See how Bebop morphed into Cool Jazz and how the sound changed - all by scrolling effortlessly within this ingeniously designed app.
* AirPlay support for videos so you can stream audio directly to your Hi-Fi speakers or your Apple TV
* A ScreenSaver Mode that allows your app to behave like the perfect coffee table book that is sure to wow! your friends
* Interesting tid-bits on each artist and beautiful quotes by the artists that made Jazz what it is today
* Introduction to new artists that are exploding onto the scene today and who are sure to write the next chapter in Jazz History
* Over 45 hours of video content diligently categorized and organized for your viewing pleasure
We're currently working on other great titles in the Music and Education space. Our focus in Education is early childhood education and entertainment for kids aged between 2-5 years.
Our past: Last year we released 3 apps into the appStore and had 2 app-of-the-weeks under a different banner. We're having fun doing what we do best - building consumer facing products on mobile devices.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 76.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The History of Jazz 1.0.1 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
955 Dreams Inc. is a new age publishing company that is focused on building products that engage and excite its users. Based out of Silicon Valley, California the company is building a platform that will help artists and authors in the Music, Education and Entertainment industries reach millions of new users. 955 Dreams has raised startup capital from Mitch Kapor and 500 Startups. Copyright (C) 2011 955 Dreams Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.