January 20, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - Maddysoft today is proud to announce Rearrange 1.0, a free puzzle game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Developed specifically to take advantage of the unique capabilities and touch interface of iOS devices, Rearrange is a beautiful recreation of the classic slider puzzle or 15-puzzle. The simple goal is to rearrange a grid of puzzle pieces into the correct order to reveal a photograph or series of letters or numbers. But don't let the simplicity fool you. This puzzle provides 12 levels of difficulty on the iPhone and iPod touch and 145 levels on the iPad to challenge any level of ability.
* The puzzle board can be made up of a supplied photo, any picture in your photo library, a picture from the camera (if available), or a series of letters, numbers, or symbols
* The iPhone and iPod touch support 12 puzzle sizes ranging from 3x3 up to 7x5
* The iPad supports 145 puzzle sizes ranging from 3x3 up to 16x12
* Your current puzzle is saved so you can pick up where you left off
* Your current progress is displayed in the menu
* Move one tile by tapping it, sliding it, or flicking it into the empty space
* Move several tiles at a time by simple and natural dragging. Works just like a real puzzle
* Each puzzle is tracked for number of moves and time
* Top 10 scores are tracked for each puzzle size. Saves your name along with your score
* Stuck? Reveal a hint showing where the incorrect tiles belong
* Select which tile is the empty tile
* Four levels of animation speed (normal, fast, slow, and off)
* Save the current puzzle to your photo library
* Ads may be removed through a one-time, simple in-app purchase
Send suggestions for additional letter/number/symbol choices. Currently there are:
* Latin Letters (A-Za-z)
* Latin Numbers (1-192)
* Greek Letters
* ASCII Symbols (only a geek would love)
* Roman Numerals (i - cxcii)
Kids love to do the puzzle with their own picture. Another fun option is to take a picture of your home screen and use that photo with a 5x4 puzzle size (6x4 on iPad portrait, 5x5 on iPad landscape).
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.2.1 or later
* 1.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Rearrange 1.0 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category under the subcategory of Puzzles. Rearrange is a free, ad supported application. Rearrange features in-application purchasing to eliminate the ads at a cost of $0.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Denver, Colorado, Maddysoft is a small privately funded company founded in 2008 by Rick Maddy. With over 20 years of professional software development experience, Richard's focus is on developing quality iOS applications, complemented by first-class customer support. Copyright (C) 2008-20011 Maddysoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iOS, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.