Agenda Now Set for Tenth Annual San Francisco FCPUG SuperMeet
January 24, 2011 in User Groups
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, CA / Boston, MA - The agenda has now been set for the Tenth Annual San Francisco FCPUG SuperMeet, to take place on Friday, January 28 2011 at the UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, CA. Free educational SuperWorkshops take place during the day beginning at 10am. Doors to the SuperMeet open at 4:00PM and presentations begin at 7:00PM and continue until 11:00PM. Tickets are on sale online for $15.00 each plus ticket fee and $10.00 for students or $20.00 at the door. The San Francisco FCPUG SuperMeet celebrates the Tenth Anniversary of SuperMeets and promises to be the single largest gathering of Final Cut Studio, Adobe and Avid editors, gurus and digital filmmakers in the Bay Area for all of 2011. It is expected this SuperMeet will sell out as historically every SuperMeet sells out.
SuperMeets provide the post production and broadcast community an opportunity to not only learn about the latest technology trends, but to connect with each other to discuss experiences and opportunities within the industry in a social setting that is both educational and fun. Final Cut Pro User Groups (FCPUG) started as a grassroots movement to connect Apple Final Cut Pro Editors at a local level. Now in its 10th year, the producers behind the SuperMeet have harnessed the energy of local chapters globally and turned SuperMeets into the industry's most influential user-organized series of global events.
Scheduled to appear on stage (subject to change) will be:
* The New Up: "Bitch" "Bitch," from the San Francisco indie band, "The New Up," is one of the first music videos shot on a DSLR. Director of Photography Peggy Peralta and Final Cut Pro editor Albert Lopez will show the music video and share the workflow.
* AJA Video Systems presents "Post In A Flash" Tony Cacciarelli, AJA Video Systems Product Marketing Manager, will show you just how simple and intuitive the KiPro Mini ProRes Recorder is to configure and capture clips directly to Apple Pro Res files, simplifying your entire workflow in the process!
* Autodesk presents Smoke on Mac OS X Josh Courtney, Founder/Chairman of VODA brands, will join Autodesk's Marc Hamaker to show how Autodesk Smoke for Mac can deliver high-quality finished content across multiple platforms. You'll see how Smoke helped Seattle-based VODA studios take on challenging new projects and expand their offerings from traditional photography work to retail video and commercial post production.
* Canon presents Michael Blieden, staff writer/director/DP for NBC's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" Michael Blieden recently shot the acclaimed opening to the 2010 EMMY Awards starring Jimmy Fallon with the Canon XF305 Professional Camcorder and Michael intends to prove that, "Yes you can use autofocus and still call yourself a D.P."
* "I The Pro Res Maker" - Kevin Jardin and John Stark Kevin Jardin and John Stark of Beast San Francisco will present their now viral music video, "I The Pro Res Maker" which was shot in about an hour, edited in about an hour and color corrected and uploaded to YouTube an hour later.
* What's Happening in 3D Production? - Alex Lindsay Alex Lindsay of Pixel Corps will show you how to shoot your first 3D scene and what to watch for. Along the way, Alex will show how to composite Stereo 3D plates from live feeds, without an Avatar budget.
* Best of the Best: Tips, Tricks, and Secret Techniques in FCP 7 - Abba Shapiro and Steve Martin! Final Cut Studio Gurus Abba Shapiro and Steve Martin team up to return to the stage to bring you a tour de force of hidden new features in FCP 7 as well as classic tricks to make you edit faster and smarter.
Rounding out the evening will be the always wild and crazy "World Famous Raffle" with close to $50,000 worth of filmmaker-related prizes to be handed out to several lucky winners including an AJA KiPro Mini ProRes Recorder, 3 copies of Blackmagic Design Resolve, NLE software, hard drives, plug-ins and much, much more.
Doors will open at 4:00PM with the SuperMeet Digital Showcase featuring 30 software and hardware developers including AJA, Autodesk, Canon, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Automatic Duck, AV3 Software, Vimeo, The Foundry, Pixel Corps, Drobo, Key Code Media, Matrox, Nvidia, GenArts, Tolis Group and many others.
A highlight of the Digital Showcase is "Open Screen Theater," hosted by SF Cutters. Filmmakers and digital content creators wanting to "Get Seen" will have a 10 minute chance to do so in an informal, collaborative setting. The producers want those who are shooting with HDSLRS, camcorders, iPhones and anything that makes video to screen their content and interact. Just show up and sign up, get up and show off. Sign-ups begin when the doors open and are open only to SuperMeet ticket holders.
In addition, Free educational SuperWorkshops will be offered during the day, beginning at 10am. Each of the four 90 minute and one hour workshops, sponsored by Canon, Adobe, Avid and Blackmagic Design will repeat in three sessions during the day to cover all one needs to know about the respective companies' hardware and software solutions, including collaborative DSLR workflow and color grading. Blackmagic Design will also give away a copy of DaVinci Resolve (value $995) at each of its three sessions.
To purchase tickets and for complete details on the SuperMeet including driving and transit directions and instructions, a current list of raffle prizes and details on Open Screen Theater visit the SuperMeet web site.
SuperMeets are gatherings of Final Cut Studio, Adobe and Avid editors, gurus, digital creatives and filmmakers from throughout the world who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows and solutions such as Apple's Final Cut Studio. Final Cut Pro User Groups (FCPUG) started as a grassroots movement to connect Apple Final Cut Pro Editors at a local level. Now in its 10th year, the producers behind the SuperMeet have harnessed the energy of local chapters globally and turned SuperMeets into the industry's most influential user-organized series of global events. SuperMeets are held annually in San Francisco, Las Vegas, London, Amsterdam and Boston. The SuperMeet agenda usually includes local and industry filmmaker show and tells, digital video tips and tricks and user-driven workflows and world premiere announcements of new hardware and software. Also featured is the SuperMeet Digital Showcase with vendors and small developers providing workflow solutions and an Open Screen Theater for digital filmmakers and content creators to network, screen content and collaborate.
co-Producer Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group (lafcpug)
co-producer - Boston Final Cut Pro User Group