January 24, 2011 in Services (F)
[prMac.com] Orinda, Californa - Managed Service Provider ONTAI, announces that it's formerly Windows centric management portal has now expanded support to both Linux and Apple Mac desktops and servers. Enterprise features such as automated patching, software deployment and monitoring of critical services, which are common features in Windows networks, are now available to customers that have primarily Mac computers or a mixture of any of the three.
Richard Miller, ONTAI CEO; "We have had limited Mac capabilities for remote management for quite a while but with the release of version 6.1.00 we have full control over the Mac environment and can manage those assets for customers just as well or better than their Windows based computers"
Benefits of ONTAI management portal:
* Automated Patch Deployment
* Software Deployment and Updates
* Template library of over 1000 scripted procedures
* Monitoring of critical services
* Infrastructure Management
* Asset and Inventory control
* Remote Support / Help Desk
* Offsite Backup
* Desktop Policy Management
* Support for Administrators using Mac Desktops
* Remote control to Mac Desktops and Linux Desktops
* 20 Users, computer network
* Mac OSX 10.4x
* Windows XP
* Linux kernal 2.0, all major flavors
Located in Orinda, California, ONTAI is a Managed Service Company specializing in providing enterprise class support tools to small to medium sized business. Established in 1998, ONTAI has proven to be a solid asset to IT departments for both City and Local Government and Private Industry. ONTAI's support offering are cooperative and not designed to be "in-house" IT, but to compliment the existing IT staff in their day to day management efforts.