June 1, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Agile Web Solutions today announced the release of 1Password 2.6.3 with new Autosave in Safari, new Strong Password Generator window, ability to generate non-web passwords, and other improvements. This update is free to all paid 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most widely used password manager for Mac OS X (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iusethis ratings).
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem", rated 4.5/5 mice and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award.
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology.
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities.
* A highly secure database to keep track of logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information.
What is new in Version 2.6.3?
* Autosave window is now using a non-modal 'slide down' strip:
The Autosave prompt in Safari and other Web Kit browsers is now using a non-modal slide-down strip. It lets you verify that the login information is correct before deciding to save it. Firefox and other Mozilla-based browsers will act similarly in a future update.
* Strong Password Generator Improvements:
New in this release is the ability to access the Strong Password Generator inside the 1Password application. The generator also sports a refreshed user interface.
* New Copy to clipboard features:
This release adds the ability to copy selected 1Password objects to the clipboard as text. Pasting this text back into 1Password will create a new item. Command-C, Command-V, and Command-X keyboard shortcuts are all available and behave how you would expect. For example, objects can now be moved between folders using Command-X, selecting the new folder, and then pressing Command-V.
* New Check For Updates:
The new Check for Updates window adds support for multiple download sites and an 'inline' progress indicator allowing users to read the Release Notes while the update is being downloaded.
For full details about the new release, including the change log and screenshots, please visit the official website.
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A single-user license costs $34.95 USD and a family license is available for $49.95 USD. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.