June 5, 2008 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] Sunnyvale, California - Creating a novel or screenplay is a journey, not a race to "The End". To help Mac users take the wheel of their own writing projects, Storyist Software, a developer of creative writing tools for Mac OS X, has created Storyist(R), a powerful story development tool for novelists and screenwriters.
"There are as many approaches to writing as there are writers," says Steve Shepard, CEO of Storyist Software. "But whether you start a project by developing a detailed outline or by simply jumping in and pouring words onto the page, Storyist has the tools to take you from initial idea through submission-ready manuscript or screenplay."
Storyist provides a word processor with the features writers expect from a top-notch writing program, including spelling and grammar checking and a page layout view with support for headers, footers, and style sheets. It also provides a number of features not found in typical word processing applications and screenplay formatters. These include:
* The Storyboard–Allows writers to map out their story with virtual index cards displayed on a digital corkboard, where they can view, edit and rearrange both scenes and plot points. Writers can also create a more visual writing experience by incorporating photographs from a personal collection or from Websites like Flickr(TM) and Google(TM) Images.
* Story Sheets–Helps writers refine story elements such as plot, character, and location, with customizable forms tailored for novel writing and screenwriting.
* The Project Manager –Keeps all writing (manuscript and notes) organized and accessible.
* Wiki Links–Allows writers to link their notes to pages on the Internet and to other notes in the project.
* Project Templates–Gets writers up and writing quickly; they can also create their own templates to use on other projects or share with a writers' group.
Pricing and Availability:
Storyist is compatible with Mac OS X v10.4 and higher. The download-only version is priced at $59.00 USD and a download + CD version is $69.00 USD. Both are available through the company's online store. Additionally, a 15-day free trial is also available via the Storyist Software website.
For a free trial of Storyist, additional information, high-resolution images or interviews with Steve Shepard, please contact Vine Communications at (305) 447-8678.
Founded in 2003 by Silicon Valley veteran Steve Shepard, Storyist Software develops creative writing tools for Mac OS X that make the process of writing, editing and publishing as simple as possible - but no simpler. Storyist is a registered trademark of Storyist Software LLC.