June 4, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Alyth Scotland, United Kingdom - DayTime Software has released Differencia 1.1, their data comparison and diff utility for Mac OS X. Differencia can compare data from any application that can export to a flat file format such as Comma Separated Values (CSV). It can handle data exported from SQL database tables, Excel and Numbers spreadsheets and from many more applications on Mac, Windows, Unix and Linux.
Differencia automatically identifies file and data formats, and is unique amongst diff tools in comparing files with different formats. Differencia is particularly suited to small businesses looking to perform cash, account and bank reconciliations, as well as any user looking to sync or merge data in two applications.
Differencia can perform intelligent, content aware comparisons, such as comparing separate Debit & Credit fields with a single Amount Field, or find date differences between a single Date/Time field and separate Date & Time fields. Differencia effortlessly handles international numeric, date and time formats as well as international text encodings.
To make the process even easier, DayTime Software offers an online template database with correctly configured file formats for popular applications. Users may submit their own templates for inclusion in this online database.
New in version 1.1:
* Support for Intuit Import / Export format (IIF) used by QuickBooks
* Support for Fixed Width Format files
* New Collated Results view, displaying comparison results with data from each file interleaved
* Printing Support - print comparison Results in both Collated and Separate formats
* Printing Support - print a File's Contents and Comparison and File Format Definitions
* Comparison of large files 30% faster, opening large files is now 50% faster
* Displaying comparison results with a large number of differences is also 50% faster.
* Various bug fixes and improvements in workflow
Differencia's ease-of-use helps make sense of data and delivers painless reconciliation, exception processing and comparisons.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 7 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Differencia 1.1 can be purchased for $39.95 USD through their secure store, and is a free update for all 1.x customers. A full-featured, 45-day demo is available. Version 1.1 is a recommended update for all customers.
Headquartered in Alyth, Scotland, United Kingdom, DayTime Software Ltd. is an independent Mac Software vendor founded by Sanjay Samani in 2006. With a focus on the Mac platform, Sanjay has a decade of experience working in enterprise IT, and founded DayTime with the intention of bringing this experience to Mac based small businesses. In addition, DayTime offers Project Management and Development Consulting services. Copyright 2006-2008 DayTime Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.