February 1, 2011 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Verwood, United Kingdom - Yummy Software today is pleased to announce the release of Yummy FTP version 1.8.3, which gains several speed and usability enhancements, as well as some bug fixes.
Yummy FTP was designed to deliver speedy and trouble-free file transfers, using a highly tuned multi-connection file transfer engine coupled with an intelligent recovery system to automatically handle most file transfer issues - so you don't have to! This is complimented by an elegant, easy to use dual pane user interface and an impressive feature set, with many unique and useful capabilities waiting to be discovered. Since its release Yummy FTP has built a reputation for being the fastest, most reliable, and most flexible FTP client available.
Here's what Yummy FTP users have to say:
"While other FTP tools for the Mac disguise the process, Yummy FTP lays it bare, and it's all the better for it. If you're serious about FTP, Yummy FTP is a bargain." - MacWorld Editor's Choice review
"I've been using Yummy for years now, the program has not once let me down and meets all my expectations regarding speed and usability." - MacUpdate review
"None of the software I tried had every feature I needed, but Yummy came the closest, and more importantly, the developer was very responsive indeed" - MacUpdate review
"Yummy is very fast. I was studying other FTP clients, including Transmit and Interarchy and basically decided Yummy was the way to go ... it just saves so much time and effort" - MacUpdate review
1.8.3 Highlights (See the Read Me for complete list):
* Speed Optimization - Every aspect of file transfer has been profiled and tuned using Apple's latest analysis tools to provide the maximum possible performance
* Extended permissions/user group setting capabilities - The Info window now allows individual permission bits to be specified when multiple items are selected with differing permission settings, and user group attributes can now be changed independently of permission settings
* DeltaWalker diff tool support - Showing the differences between local and remote files can now be performed with DeltaWalker, a favorite tool requested by users.
* Import CyberDuck favorites - The latest file format of the favorites files can now be imported as Yummy FTP Bookmarks
* Other enhancements and bug fixes:
Pricing and Availability:
Yummy FTP is $28 (USD) for a single user license. Multi-user discounts are available beginning at ten seats. Site licenses and other discounts are available upon request. A free 30-day, fully-functional trial is available. As always, this upgrade is free of charge to registered users. For a complete list of features, bug fixes, and FAQ, please visit Yummy Software online.
Yummy Software is a small independent software company, dedicated to creating the very best Mac OS X software. The company is owned and run by Mac enthusiasts and the developers have worked on commercial products for nearly 20 years. Our dedication to the Mac platform runs deep, and our appreciation for good software is what drives us to release the best utilities around. Copyright (C) 2011 Yummy Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.