March 24, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce Machine Wash Image Filter plug-ins, with three volumes currently available. Each volume contains 60 filters to texturise, age, and weather layered artwork in Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Elements®. Version 2.0 introduces a new powerful and easy to use interface available from the Filters Menu offering users the ability to take control of every aspect of their wash effects.
Machine Wash Filters can be used for high resolution print projects as well as screen resolution web jobs. Whenever a user is working with a design that could use a tactile textured look, such as logos, apparel, advertisements, brochures, websites, etc, Machine Wash Filters provide endless options. Additionally, any number of built-in Photoshop effects can be used to modify the filters once they're applied. The filters are designed to be used at a maximum live area of 18" x 18" at 300 dpi.
Users can undo a wash effect by using the Undo command or the Photoshop History palette. Machine Wash Filters may be used on spot colour designs or with vector (EPS) artwork in Adobe Illustrator, particularly in regards to creating designs for separations.
* Wash Selector- The Wash Selector allows the user to preview any of the 60 built-in wash effects in real time. Simply click the drop down box to reveal the complete listing of wash effects.
* Wash Properties Controls:
Wash Scale - Using the slider controls, the user can enlarge or reduce the scale of the selected wash effect appropriate to the resolution of the image. By default the wash effect is applied at the smallest scale to the image.
Wash Intensity - Using the slider controls, the user may intensify or reduce the wash effect
* Wash Orientation- Flip the wash effect by clicking the appropriate checkbox. In addition, the wash effect may be rotated in increments of 90 degrees. Click the Invert Wash checkbox to inverse the wash effect.
* Coverage Controls- Use the Slider Controls in this area of the interface to modify the areas of your design that the wash effect is applied to. The Coverage Slider be default is set to 100% or full wash effect coverage, as the slider is adjusted to smaller percentages, random gaps of the wash effect will be removed. Adjusting the Coverage Scale will reduce or enlarge the size of the gaps in the applied wash effect. As the slider control is increased, the wash effect will retract from the edge of the image depending on the Wash Area settings defined below. Modify the Edge Softness to control the transition from unaffected to wash effected image.
* Wash Area Controls- These controls only effect the image when the coverage of the wash effect has been modified using the Coverage Area controls. Toggle the Wash Area buttons to apply the wash effect to either the inside or the outside of the edge of the image. Use this feature in tandem with the Edge Distance control to enhance the effect of the wash near the edges of your images. When the Coverage slider has been enabled, use the Random button to modify the position and shape of the gaps created by reduced coverage area.
* Heavy Cycle Controls- When enabled, instead of the wash effect revealing layers below the image, the Heavy Cycle introduces a tonal background. The user can change the colours of the tones by clicking the colour to launch the colour Picker dialogue. The user may also modify the scale of the tonal pattern to create either a small variegated pattern or a large smooth colour pattern. By default when enabled, the Heavy Cycle renders a convincing rusted effect. In addition for single layer images like photographs, the Heavy Cycle is enabled by default.
* Magnification Indicator- The current level of magnification is shown between the Cancel and OK buttons at the bottom of the interface and can be modified by clicking the appropriate icons on either side of it to increase or decrease magnification of the preview.
* Preview Window Area- Preview the effect on your image here. When magnification is increased, simply click and drag to move around the preview image.
The Machine Wash Image Filters will run on Macintosh operating systems from OS 9.0 through Mac OS X 10.4.x. Windows users can use these filters on Windows 2000/Windows XP operating systems.
Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, CD-ROM drive with minimum 4X speed, Photoshop 6 or later, 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Windows 2000, XP, CD-ROM drive with minimum 4X speed, Photoshop 6 or later, 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Machine Wash Filters Volumes I, II and III are available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is email@example.com.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site.