June 9, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of Dragoman 1.1, a universal batch file conversion utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard.
Dragoman is a utility application that batch converts images, photos, PDFs, music and archive files with a lightweight drag and drop interface. On popular demand the new release adds support for raw digital camera formats of Canon, Kodak, Sony, Nikon, Olympus and Fuji digital cameras, as well as for Adobe's Digital Negative and Photo CD format. Users can now convert these formats to popular image formats such as JPEG and PNG, as well Adobe's Photoshop format and PDF.
"We received a wave of feedback from photographers and design studios to support conversion of digital camera formats" Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operations Officer at Dare to be Creative, explains why the release comes just one week after Dragoman's first production release. "Photographers have thousands of photos in these camera formats that they need to convert to JPEG or Adobe Photoshop's format, and this update will save them hours of work," the COO advertises the added value of the new version.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts image, photo, music, sound and archive files
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles raw digital camera formats: Adobe Digital Negative (dng), Photo CD (pcd), Canon Digital Camera Raw Image Format (crw, cr2), Kodak Digital Camera Raw Image File (dcr), Sony (Minolta) Raw Image File (mrw), Nikon Digital SLR Camera Raw Image File (nef), Olympus Digital Camera Raw Image File (orf), and Fuji CCD-RAW Graphic File (raf)
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, Macintosh SND, Sun Microsystems AU, Apple Core Audio (CAF), Creative Labs Audio Files (VOC), Raw Audio Data (RAW), Sound Designer II (SD2), and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Progress bar that reports on the current status of the file conversions
* Universal file converter tool
* Built-in, automatic self updates, with which users are automatically informed of the newest releases and given the option to download the latest release with a single button click.
* Planned extensions to convert video, HTML and source code files
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $39 USD, and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is a free update for registered Dragoman users.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software forgery founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, and d) Dragoman, a batch file converter for image, music and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.