February 15, 2011 in FileMaker (F)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Databuzz today announced fmSMS, a new solution that lets you send and receive SMS/TXT messages from within FileMaker Pro.
fmSMS allows you to send an SMS from FileMaker Pro to almost any mobile phone in the world via one of the supported SMS Gateways, reaching over 800 networks in more than 200 countries. SMS is great means of direct communication with customers, staff, suppliers, and students.
SMS traffic is growing at an exponential rate - an estimated 2.3 trillion text messages were sent in 2010. One billion text messages were sent in one day alone in Beijing this month on the eve of the Spring Festival, China's biggest festival. fmSMS allows FileMaker users to be part of this growing and important means of communication.
SMS is perfect for appointment reminders, phone messages, promotions, segmented marketing, school absence alerts, and password confirmations. With SMS you can reduce your costs and play less "telephone tag".
fmSMS works with multiple SMS Gateway providers internationally and supports the following features*:
- Send single and bulk SMS messages (messages are typically delivered in under 15 seconds)
- Send long messages (greater than 160 characters)
- Works with over 20 SMS Gateway providers internationally
- Delayed Delivery - send a message now for delivery at a future time
- Alphanumeric Sender ID
- Message Logging - track the history of all sent messages
- Message templates - create an unlimited number of pro forma templates
- 2 Way SMS - allow recipients to reply to messages and have them appear in fmSMS
"We've been helping customers integrate SMS with their FileMaker solutions for over 10 years," said Andrew Duncan, Director of Databuzz. "fmSMS can be used as a standalone turnkey solution or can be integrated directly into a customer's existing FileMaker solution."
Praise from independent FileMaker developers
"As a vertical solution provider, there is no point in re-inventing the wheel. fmSMS provided us an accelerated learning curve and bolt on schema saving us loads of time in development. A great investment." Andrew Markham Xercise Pro
Availability, Pricing, and Compatibility
fmSMS is available now from the fmSMS website. A 14 day trial version is available for both Macintosh and Windows. Workgroup Licenses start at AUD $495.00. fmSMS requires FileMaker Pro v10 or later.
* Not all SMS Gateways support all features of fmSMS. Some features might incur additional charges by your selected SMS Gateway. Some features require hosting by FileMaker Server v9 or later with Custom Web Publishing using the PHP API and a static IP address. See our website for more details.
Databuzz is a long standing member is a member of the FileMaker Business Alliance and has been developing and deploying FileMaker solutions for clients in Australia and internationally since 1999. Our clients are individuals, small-medium businesses, government agencies and multi-national corporations. Databuzz was founded by Andrew Duncan, a Certified FileMaker 11, 10,9 and 8 Developer. In 2010 Andrew presented a session at the annual FileMaker Developer Conference on integrating SMS/TXT Message Integration with FileMaker. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.