February 16, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Charlotte, North Carolina - Stack the Countries 1.0, the follow up to the successful Stack the States app, is now available for the iPhone and iPad. Stack the Countries is an educational app for all ages that teaches world geography in a unique and fun way.
The goal of Stack the Countries is to answer world geography questions correctly and then build a stack of countries that reaches the checkered line. When the player completes a level, they win a randomly chosen country which is placed in their personalized map of the world. Players can customize the difficulty of the game by choosing a specific continent to focus on as well as choosing which types of questions they are quizzed on.
Stack the Countries covers a wide variety of country facts including capitals, landmarks, major cities, continents, languages, flags and more. The game includes almost 200 country flash cards and interactive maps of the world so players can brush up on their country knowledge or use them for reference. As players collect the countries of the world, they can unlock two free bonus games: Map It!, which focuses on where countries are located on the map and Pile Up!, which helps players identify countries by their shape.
Stack the Countries Features:
* More than 1000 unique questions
* 192 flash cards - one for each country
* Interactive maps of the continents
* Collect all 192 countries and track your progress on personalized maps
* Earn FREE bonus games: Map It! and Pile Up
* Works on both iPhone and iPad - a universal app
* Create up to six player profiles
* High resolution pictures of famous world landmarks
* All games are powered by a realistic physics engine
* iPhone 4 Retina Display support
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* Universal Application
* 16.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Stack the Countries 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Dan Russell-Pinson has been independently creating games since 2007 and, in the last year, has focused solely on educational games. His best known titles are Stack the States and Rocket Math which have both been Top 10 education apps for iPhone and iPad. Copyright (C) 2011 Dan Russell-Pinson. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.