March 1, 2011 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Davka Corporation and Redlex announce the release of Tanach Bible version 1.2 for the iPhone and iPad, a major update and product rename to the previous version of its popular Hebrew/English Bible program, which was previously called Totally Tanach. Tanach Bible, reflecting its new Hebrew-English title, now supports full text searching in both English and Hebrew, and has advanced search functionality in both languages.
New Features in Tanach Bible version 1.2:
* Hebrew/English text search - Users can now search the text of the Bible in both Hebrew and English
* Advanced search function - Tanach Bible allows searching by whole words, as well as by matching strings at the beginning and end of words
* Improved navigation - Tanach Bible now provides access to Torah texts by weekly Torah reading as well as by chapter and verse
* Additional font options - Tanach Bible can now display Rashi text in a standard Hebrew font as well as the traditional Rashi script
Tanach Bible is an ideal study tool for all students of the Hebrew Bible. A universal app designed for both iPhone and iPad, it features verse-by-verse synchronization of English, Hebrew and Rashi's commentary, and perfect positioning of Hebrew vowels and cantillation marks. Users can browse and study all 24 books of the Bible - from Genesis through Chronicles - search the texts with the program's Hebrew/English search function, and bookmark and email selections for future reference.
Program features include:
* Easy navigation to all books of the Bible
* Speedy searching of text in Hebrew or English
* Viewing of Hebrew and English text in parallel columns
* Viewing of Rashi and Hebrew text in parallel columns
* Copy and paste of Hebrew and English text
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 12.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tanach Bible 1.2 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category.
Davka Corporation, established in 1982, pioneered the usage of computers in Jewish education. Davka is the world's largest developer of Judaic and Hebrew software, with innovative titles in the areas of Bible, Jewish history, Hebrew language, customs, tradition, and more. Copyright (C) 1982-2011 Davka Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.