March 3, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Geneva, Switzerland - CTM Development today proudly announces FoxTrot Professional Search & Server 3.1 and releases version 3.1.2, a performance and feature update to their popular document indexing and retrieval solution for Mac OS X. Perfect for anyone who works with files saved for future reference, FoxTrot Professional Search helps locate document and their contents using multiple categorization of search results, ranked by relevance.
FoxTrot Professional Search is a powerful find-by-content solution that offers precision tools for finding the proverbial "needle in a haystack" directly within PDF, HTML, word processing, e-mail and multimedia content and metadata. The product has been especially well received in legal (law firm and courts), media (newsrooms researchers, ad agencies and editors), mobile contexts (MacBook users with document collections) as well as by casual users stepping up from FoxTrot Personal Search or Apple's Spotlight.
FoxTrot Professional Search utilizes the latest Snow Leopard technologies to extend well beyond Spotlight's features, offering document preview and full view capabilities and secondary document-level search features. Users can manage multiple indexed collections effortlessly and have indices updated without even launching the application.
* Multiple categories of relevance-ranked results
* Document preview and full view, with secondary document-level search
* Multiple indexed collections and timed updates without launching the application
* Client-server access to peer-to-peer FoxTrot Professional applications and dedicated FoxTrot Search servers
* Worldwide Unicode language support
New in version 3.1 (3.1.2):
* Enhanced preview displays additional document types with FoxTrot's usual occurrences highlighting and document-level search, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents, as well as iCal events, Address Book contacts, and Mail messages.
* Several user interface improvements
* Optimized concurrent updating of indices (using the Indexing menu)
* Partial index updating
* Stopping index updates
* Bug fixes
* Enhanced AppleScript support
"In the 24 years since CTM's first search-related product (Mac 111, the first CD-ROM based telephone directory) many things have changed, but our commitment to delivering precision search results is constant", said Jean-Michel Karr, co-founder of CTM Development SA in Geneva, Switzerland. "CTM FoxTrot Professional is the culmination of hard work focused on find-by-content."
FoxTrot Professional Search builds on years of experience in search functionality refined within CTM's PowerMail and FoxTrot Personal Search products, which continue to be enhanced. Version 3.1 (3.1.2) introduces higher performance and a roster of productivity-enhancing features. When customers purchase a 5-user license, the application automatically acts as a peer-to-peer indexing server.
With a 10-user license (or more), customers receive a full fledged client-server product with a server component that can be deployed any Mac OS X or Windows 7/Vista/XP with file sharing enabled, as well as on Mac OS X Server or Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This makes FoxTrot Professional Search particularly suited to networked environments where sharing archived documents and metadata is paramount.
* U.S. English and French
* All current FoxTrot Search products require an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X Version 10.5.x Leopard, 10.6.x Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion Developer Preview (PowerPC and Mac OS 10.4 supported in version 2.6)
* FoxTrot Search Server also includes a slightly narrower focus Server component for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP specialized on PDF, Word and text documents
New License Pricing:
FoxTrot Professional Search 3.1.x and FoxTrot Search Server are available immediately. A single user license is priced at just 99 Euro. A 5 user license (includes peer-to-peer sharing) is available for only 199 Euro. A 10 user license also includes FoxTrot Search Server for 390 Euro, with degressive per-seat enterprise licenses available.
FoxTrot Professional Search 3.1x is available as a full-featured 30-day demo. FoxTrot Search Server is available as a full-featured 60-day demo.
FoxTrot Professional Search 3.1x is a free update for current FoxTrot Professional Search 3 licensed owners, and is available to current FoxTrot Personal Search users for the difference in price only (69.3 Euro) via a coupon e-mailed to all registered owners.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, CTM Development SA is a privately held company co-founded in 1985 by longtime software developer Jean-Michel Karr. With a history dating back to the Apple II and 512k Macintosh, CTM Development has grown with the purpose of developing unique collaboration solutions for the Mac platform and is committed to providing the highest quality software. In 2003, the core FoxTrot search engine was designed and developed from scratch by Jerome Seydoux, an experienced NeXTStep and Mac developer, for use within PowerMail and new find-by-content solutions. FoxTrot is a key component of PowerMail 6 and is at the heart of the standalone line of FoxTrot Search products. Copyright 1985-2011 CTM Development SA. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Cocoa and Spotlight are registered trademarks of Apple in the U.S. and/or other countries.