June 25, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Evansville, Indiana - Second Gear is pleased to announce the release of Today 1.2, an update to their popular Mac OS X application for managing iCal events and tasks. Version 1.2 introduces several new features and enhancements such as date browsing and editing of events from iCal. Full release notes can be found at the Second Gear Website.
Today makes it easy to get a one day snapshot view of your upcoming events and tasks in a compact window. Assign a keyboard shortcut, and you can toggle Today's visibility in a split second. Adding new events and tasks is just as easy. You can quickly schedule next week's meeting or a quick task in Today. No iCal required.
Today is a first class citizen for Mac OS X Leopard. Since Today uses the same calendaring and tasks system as iCal and Apple Mail, changes you make either application are automatically shared with Today. Events created or edited on your iPhone or iPod touch will also be shared with Today on your next sync.
Feature Highlights in Version 1.2:
* Added ability for double-clicking on an event or task to open it in iCal.
* Added support for quickly navigating between dates. Click on the currently selected date to drop down the sheet.
* Today now automatically shifts the visible date forward at midnight.
* Added gesture-based date navigation to the main Today window.
* Users can now adjust the opacity of the Today window to their liking.
* Various bug fixes and enhancements.
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 5.4MB of hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Today 1.2 may be purchased for $15.00 USD and offers a fully featured 10 day trial period.
Second Gear LLC is based Evansville, Indiana. Founded in 2006 by Crew Chief Justin Williams, Second Gear focuses on building beautiful Mac OS X and iPhone applications for consumers and business. Their first application, PocketTweets, is the most popular Twitter client for Apple's revolutionary iPhone.