Yay! - Find, Stream and Share Music Online
March 21, 2011 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Stockholm, Sweden - Snarbsoft today is delighted to announce the release of Yay!, a Mac app to find, stream and share music, extending your local music library with millions of new tracks from blogs, forums and websites all over the Internet. Yay! brings fans closer not only to the music they love, but also to secondary material like blogs, news and reviews, artist biographies, images, lyrics and music videos. All in a single, mouth-watering interface.
Key features include:
* Access to millions of full quality tracks on blogs, forums and websites all over the Internet. Catalogue updated in real time
* Search and stream music instantly. Browse by artist, album, title, hotness, familiarity and more
* Disover new music based on similarity with your favorite artists
* Do advanced searches by tags. Tags are not limited to genres, but may just as well describe a mood or gender, etc.
* Create and share playlists with your friends on Twitter and Facebook. Shared playlists are uploaded to Yay! Playlists, a public repository where other members of the Yay! community can check out, vote and comment on your compilations
* No playback restrictions. Pause and skip as you like
* View cover art, images and music videos for the music playing
* Get data feeds with the latest blogs, news and reviews for the music playing
* Read artist biographies, album and track wikis for the music playing
* Get a daily bucket of tracks currently hyped on social networks, blogs, online forums, etc.
* Get a daily bucket of personal recommendations, based on your loved tracks. It just works
* Import your local tracks and existing iTunes music library
Yay! uses data from several online resources, including The Echo Nest - a patented machine-learning platform that automatically:
* Reads about music, crawling the web to understand what the entire online world is saying about every artist, album and song in real time.
* Listens to music, performing signal processing on every song in the world the way a musician would describe it.
* Learns music trends, analyzing online music behavior (social networks, blogs, online forums, playlists) to understand online buzz and identify music trends.
* Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
Pricing and Availability:
Yay! is available from its dedicated website as of today. A free trial version can be downloaded and run without any restrictions for up to 7 days. The full app can be purchased for a small shareware fee of $10 (USD). No monthly subscription required.
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, Snarbsoft (formerly Snarb.tk) was founded in 2003 to develop software and remote control utilities for the Mac platform, with an emphasis on complete customer satisfaction. Software titles include music apps like Cover Stream and Everplay. Copyright (C) 2003-2011 Snarbsoft. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Marketing and Sales