iDownload 2.2 for iOS - AirPlay, AirPrint, AirAmazing
March 24, 2011 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Silicon Studios has announced iDownload 2.2 for iOS, an update to their Productivity app that allows users to quickly and easily download and share any file from any website. From office documents and PDF files, to music and movies, the app supports numerous file formats. Once downloaded, users have the ability to view files or share them via Bluetooth, WiFi, USB, or email. The update brings AirPlay support on iOS 4.3, enables users to download files directly from Mobile Safari and Mail and includes "Open in" support. iDownload was the first app of its kind to reach the App Store in 2008, and has been in the Top Ten of Productivity Apps in several countries around the world.
New in iDownload 2.2 is tighter integration with native iOS Apple apps. Mail will allow the transfer of attachments to iDownload using the "Open in..." option. The "Open in..." capability also allows the downloading of binary files directly from Mobile Safari, and the free and easy exchange of any files or documents between iDownload and other apps. Also included in the update is AirPlay compatibility, which will give users the ability to wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos downloaded with iDownload from any iOS device to Apple TV (second generation). In addition, the new technology introduced in iOS 4.3 will allow streaming of "iDownloaded" music to AirPlay speakers or receivers, including AirPort Express.
* AirPlay support
* Full support for "Open in" option to allow the download of files directly from Safari
* Retina Display support
* Universal app
* USB iTunes File Sharing support
* External Display Support (iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod 4G)
* Preview engine powered by QuickLook
* AirPrint wireless printing
* Background audio
* Multitasking support, downloads will continue in background
* Easy exchange of any files or documents between other apps and iDownload
* Pause and resume downloads
* Transfer files via Wi-Fi, USB, and Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer
* Bookmarklet lets users tag URLs in Safari and open them directly in the iDownload browser
* Full-featured file management
* Transfer files to any networked browser enabled device
* Landscape support
* Password protection
* Zip file support
* Email files and links
* Built in help and feedback reporting
"iDownload for iOS is the fastest, most convenient method of downloading and sharing files," commented Founder Nuno Pereira. "iDownload is an integrated solution for managing, transferring, and using downloads of every kind."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4 tested)
* 2.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iDownload 2.2 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Silicon Studios is a new generation global company focused on development for Apple technologies, founded in Portugal by Nuno Pereira, the company is currently located in Brazil. With a strong blend of design and development skills, Silicon Studios' mission is to craft outstanding, unique applications for the iOS and OS X platforms. Copyright (C) 2011 Silicon Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Founder and Head Developer