February 24, 2011 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - iStoryTime, a library of narrated children's books for digital devices, today announced its partnership with Yoplait Kids to offer six free children's books for a limited time on iPad and iPhone. Parents and children will now be able to enjoy snack time even more with playful titles such as "Binky the Pink Elephant" which follows Binky through various fun and interesting journeys that teach her that being different can also be admirable.
With 25 percent less sugar than leading kids' yogurt in addition to the calcium, vitamins and protein kids need, parents can always feel good about giving their child Yoplait Kids. For more educational tips and activities and expert advice, parents can visit Yoplait's website.
"We're very excited to team up with Yoplait Kids and offer parents and their children free access to six of the most fun and entertaining titles in our vast library of classic tales and new adventures," said Woody Sears, co-Founder of iStoryTime. "Our goal is to offer exciting titles that make storytime enjoyable for the entire family and we believe this new partnership reinforces this message."
iStoryTime brings the joy of a kids' book to the convenience of the iPhone, iPad and iPod(R) touch. iStoryTime books are illustrated and narrated, so children can enjoy the book even when parents are busy. Best of all, the apps are simple to use because they are designed for kids two-years and up. Pages can be turned automatically or manually depending on the age and preference of the user. And readers can choose the style of narration - an adult voice, child voice or none at all.
The six free titles include:
* "My First Day of School" - Follow along as Charlie gets ready for his first day of school. While he is really excited, he's also a bit scared. After asking some questions and attending his first day, Charlie can't wait for his second day of school. Written by Ricki Booker and illustrated by Selena Kassab. Narrated by PanRight Productions.
* "Invisible Alligators" - A young monkey named Sari suddenly awakes to one of her toys in disrepair and all of her other toys covering the stairs. One night she stays up very late to find invisible alligators all over her room. Written and illustrated by Hayes Roberts. Narrated by Dominic Byrne.
* "Peanut Butter Bob" - Swim alongside Jellyfish Jay who can't help stinging all of his friends, including turtles, dolphins, whales, sea urchins and many more. One day, Jellyfish Jay sees that Peanut Butter Bob has caught a wave and can't swim. Check this book out to see if Jellyfish Jay saves the day. Written by Duke Christoffersen. Illustrated by Tricia Tharp. Adult narration by Tom Stevens and kid narration by Quinn Stewart.
* "Wiener Dog" - Join Kiki Marie, a crazy monkey, in her zany adventures with a magnetic wiener dog. Good thing she's quick on her feet because she'll need to think creatively to save the day. Written and illustrated by Hayes Roberts and narrated by Jen Muench and Laci Kay.
* "Nate's Big Hair" - Read along with Nate and his big hair as he doesn't like eating new foods and his mom is troubled and doesn't know what to do. Explore how Nate's mom gets him to try new foods and enjoy them. Written by Duke Christoffersen. Illustrated by Dick Truxaw. Adult narration by Tom & Yvana Stevens. Child narration by Quinn and Oliver Stewart.
* "Binky the Pink Elephant" - The story of an elephant whose journey teaches her that being different can also be admirable. Written by Sonowa Jackson. Illustrated by Jaclyn Mednicov. Narrated by Jen Muench and Laci Kay.
iStoryTime is the perfect way for parents to entertain their children while waiting to go to dinner at a restaurant, on a long airplane or train trip or even when they need a few more minutes to finish grocery shopping. And of course, it's a great way to enjoy a story before bedtime. iStoryTime provides great books to entertain and educated the kids on the go.
Winner of the Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA Media) Seal of Approval, iStoryTime provides a library of narrated children's books for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod touch) as well as Android devices. The company's expertise in the mobile space continues to innovate and modernize storytime. iStoryTime has a vast library of new titles such as the Cartoon Network's "Ben 10: Science Fiction" and DreamWorks Animation L.L.C.'s "Kung Fu Panda Holiday" and "The Penguins of Madagascar" as well as classics such as "Meet the Fraggles," "Robin Hood," and "Jack and the Box."
iStoryTime is part of FrogDogMedia. The company was founded in 2009 by two fathers and an uncle who love to have fun with their families. Driven by a passion to make children's books more accessible and entertaining, iStoryTime is the pioneer of children's book apps for the iPhone/iPad. The new publishing platform provides parents with a library of compelling books available anytime, anywhere. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 FrogDogMedia, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.