March 26, 2011 in Bags and Cases (F)
[prMac.com] Basel, Switzerland - OnFlApp is excited to release new version of DNoteIt 1.3. DNoteIt is tool for writing and organizing notes, inspired by NotationalVelocity for OS X. It may not be the prettiest or most user-friendly notepad out there, but it aims to be as functional as it can be. Its interface is clean and un-obstructive, designed to minimize number of steps it takes to accomplish three main tasks: search, organize and edit. This leads to an interface, which may feel a bit different from that of other apps, so be sure you check out the quick reference to use it to its full potential.
DNoteIt integrated web browser is ideal for doing research. You can clip text and graphics or annotate web links as notes. The web view is also used to display context information for selected text. This functionality is intended to provide an interface to external services such as text translation, dictionary or wiki server integration and is user configurable.
Although DNoteIt is stand-alone application, the SimpleNote sync makes it an ideal companion to big desktop-based knowledge management apps such as Tinderbox or Scrivener.
DNoteIt may not be for everyone, but those who use it, swear by it. It is being actively developed based on users' feedback and its goal is to become part of larger, knowledge management systems in the future by implementing wiki-like functionality.
* Full screen editor supporting keyboard 'shortcuts'
* Integrated web browser for clipping text or graphics
* A note will remember 'where it came from' (useful for cross-referencing)
* Notes can be ordered, tagged and organized in pages
* Each note can have different color, font or priority based on its tag
* Live search and filtering
* Context popovers used to display reference information for a selected text
* Text notes can use markdown (wiki-like) markup
* Optimized for 'thumbs-only' input
* Sync with SimpleNote (and compatible apps)
* Integration with Instapaper
* export as an email or webpage using a DropBox account
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 2.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DNoteIt 1.3 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
OnFlApp is one person company providing quality mobile applications and is located in Basel, Switzerland. Copyright (C) 2011 OnFlApp. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.