March 25, 2011 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Renkara Media Group is known for its award-winning educational apps that have helped millions of people learn new languages. Now Renkara Media Group is introducing a new travel app that is the first of its kind: iPhraseBook, an expandable audio phrase book app for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch that will help travelers communicate in 10 languages.
Most language apps are limited to a single language or set of languages. With iPhraseBook, users can get access to an expanded selection of languages - this expandable audio phrase book is the first language phrase book application that can be upgraded by adding new languages.
iPhraseBook comes loaded with the following five languages: American English, French, German, Italian, and Latin American Spanish. Using the built-in In-App Purchase storefront, users can also upgrade their iPhraseBook app to include Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish. Each of the 10 available languages offers over 2,000 phrases and accompanying native speaker audio pronunciations. Additional languages will become available in future updates to the application.
"iPhraseBook is intended to be a 'one-stop shop' for travelers abroad who need to communicate in unfamiliar languages, wherever their travels take them," said Charles Sieg, President of Renkara Media Group. "We have designed iPhraseBook with the goal of being the only phrase book application that people will need. It's no longer necessary to haul bulky phrase books in luggage, carry a universal translator device, or buy multiple phrase book applications."
Popular features of iPhraseBook include:
* Easy to use: Simply switch between the installed languages with the tap of a button. Presented with beautiful custom artwork, iPhraseBook automatically updates the display to match the currently selected language. Tap any phrase once to hear it spoken by a native speaker of the language - the app contains over 5 hours of audio.
* In-App Purchasing: Additional languages may be purchased within the application and are immediately unlocked, including full audio capabilities. No further downloads are required.
* Useful phrases for conversation: Phrases are neatly organized into dozens of topics, making it easy to find specific language information based on immediate interests and needs. Topics include communications, practical information, shopping, health & beauty, business, accommodations, getting around, eating and drinking, and more.
* Save your favorite phrases: iPhraseBook makes it easier to remember important, frequently used or particularly difficult phrases by marking them as Favorites. Double tap any phrase to mark it as a Favorite; double tap again to unmark. Favorite phrases are automatically indexed by topic for easy sorting and access.
* Fast, efficient search: Find phrases quickly and easily using iPhraseBook's convenient built-in search tool, which uses a proprietary matching algorithm to optimize search results. iPhraseBook tracks the last 100 searches so previous searches can be repeated with a single tap, making it easier to learn frequently-searched or challenging phrases.
* Built-in text translator: iPhraseBook also includes a built-in translator which will translate any text that is entered. This translator is powered by the Google Translate service and requires an active network connection. But even when no network connection is available, the translator remembers the last 100 translations and makes them available offline for quick reference.
"We have designed iPhraseBook to be intuitive and easy for people to use in everyday conversations while traveling abroad," said Charles Sieg. "With iPhraseBook, you never have to get by without an important phrase. The vocabulary and pronunciations that you need are right at your fingertips. iPhraseBook users can truly carry the languages of the world in the palm of their hand."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal Application
* 84.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iPhraseBook 1.0 is priced at $12.99 (USD), and the five additional languages cost $2.99 each. iPhraseBook is available for immediate download exclusively through Apple's iTunes App Store in the Travel category.
Renkara Media Group, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is a leading provider of education and entertainment software for Apple mobile devices. Since the release of the iPhone SDK, it specializes in applications for iPhone, iPod touch, and now the iPad, particularly in the development of education, entertainment, and reference products. Renkara Media Group has successfully delivered over 300 inspired applications to the iTunes App Store, including award-winning educational apps like AccelaStudy(R) and Flashcard Champion(TM). Apple, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the United States and other countries. iPhraseBook's phrase text and audio content are part of the Collins Multilingual Translator (C) 2009 HarperCollins Publishers.