April 5, 2011 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Dejal Systems, LLC today announced the immediate availability of Dejal Simon Express and Simon Free, two new editions of the essential server monitoring tool for Mac OS X. These editions check web pages, FTP and DNS servers for changes or failures, and notifies you via sound, speech, and other means. They are streamlined editions of the full Simon application, which supports many more services, filters, notifiers and reports.
There are now three editions of Simon:
* Simon: the standard edition, sold directly from the Dejal website
* Simon Express: a paid edition, sold on the Mac App Store
* Simon Free: a free edition, available on the Mac App Store
The standard edition of Simon is unchanged; it includes all the same features as before, and is sold in four license levels:
* Bronze: this enables up to 15 active test configurations
* Silver: this enables up to 40 active test configurations
* Gold: this enables up to 100 active test configurations
* Platinum: this enables an unlimited number of test configurations
The Mac App Store editions, Simon Express and Simon Free, on the other hand, have a more streamlined feature set. They only have a few of the plug-ins that provide the services, filters and notifiers. They also don't include editor windows for services, filters and notifiers, and don't include the reports feature.
Simon Express has no limitation on the number of test configurations. So it is ideal for webmasters and others who want to monitor hundreds of websites.
Simon Free is the same as Simon Express, except that it is limited to 5 active test configurations. It is ideal for people who just want to monitor their own site and a few others.
More information is available on the Simon product page, including a feature comparison chart.
* US English, French and German
* Mac OS X version 10.5 or later (Snow Leopard-ready)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 60 MB disk space
Pricing and Availability:
* Simon 3.0.2 is available from $49.00 USD, and available as a full-featured demo.
* Simon Express is available for $59.99 USD from the Mac App Store.
* Simon Free is available at no cost from the Mac App Store.
Founded by David Sinclair in 1991, Dejal Systems, LLC was originally established in New Zealand, and later moved to Portland, Oregon in 2001. With a sole focus on the Mac platform, Dejal specializes in user-friendly and flexible Cocoa-based utility software. Copyright 2009-2011 Dejal Systems, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dejal, the Dejal logo, and Simon are trademarks of Dejal Systems, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.