April 8, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Lebanon, New Hampshire - Frontier Design Group, creators of popular music apps GuitarStudio and iShred, today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of BeatStudio, the fast, easy, and fun way to create drum and percussion tracks on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
BeatStudio is designed to let anyone build percussion tracks, with an intuitive interface that's easy and natural for beginners, yet flexible and powerful enough to accommodate experienced players. Unlike other apps that merely provide emulations of limited drum machines, BeatStudio frees the player from the constraints of fixed-length patterns, promoting experimentation and improvisation.
Beat creation begins in BeatStudio's performance mode. Sporting a clean, inviting layout, performance mode lets users quickly map a set of sounds (from a built-in library of 30 percussion instruments) to record a track. Tracks can be entered free-form, with a metronome, or along with a backing track imported with iTunes, WiFi, or AudioPaste.
Once the beat is perfected, a seamless switch to multitrack mode allows looping, editing, and layering of multiple percussion tracks. Flexible tempo and quantization settings control alignment for recording and editing. And a full screen editor provides the ability to fine tune tracks to fix stray timing, and add or delete events.
* Universal app: create and share songs with your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPads
* 30 professionally-recorded percussion instruments, each recorded at eight intensity/volume levels
* Multitrack recording and editing so you can layer to your heart's content
* Edit anything you have recorded with full screen event/instrument editor
* Deep undo/redo let's you experiment and recover from mistakes with ease
* Flexible timing and quantization for auto-alignment during recording and editing
* Supports AudioCopy/AudioPaste with iShred, GuitarStudio, PianoStudio and other compatible apps
* Import backing audio tracks via WiFi, iTunes File Sharing, and AudioPaste
* Flexible instrument layout from six to twenty cells, in landscape or portrait
* Variable speed playback of backing tracks lets you perform, practice, and record slowed down
* Networked song backup and restore (can use your iShred, GuitarStudio, or PianoStudio login)
* Menu Lock for live performance or handing over to your budding toddler drummer
Get started with several sample songs, including some featuring backing audio tracks made with iShred, GuitarStudio, and PianoStudio.
* iPhone 3Gs and later, iPod touch 3rd generation and later, and all iPads
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 34.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
BeatStudio 1.0 is offered at the introductory sale price of $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Frontier Design Group, LLC is an independent audio hardware and software development company dedicated to creating innovative products for musicians. Based in Lebanon, New Hampshire, Frontier has developed solutions for the needs of audio enthusiasts and professionals alike since 1996. Copyright 1996-2011 Frontier Design Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.