April 11, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Apple iOS device owners can now access and listen to their Facebook news feed via Friends Aloud 1.0, created by VoiZapp, Inc. It is the first iOS app to bring optimized state of the art text-to-speech technology to Facebook on all iOS devices.
Using Friends Aloud, a user can:
* Read aloud their latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
* Scroll through each post on screen or tap around to read posts at random
* Automatically switch between reading existing posts in sequence or just reading new posts as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the iPod
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
* Choose to limit the number of comments read aloud
"Facebook has become an integral part of peoples' lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way they access and use social networking services", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "You can now stay in touch with your Facebook friends while safely driving, walking, exercising - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. Friends Aloud also gives the visually-impaired and elderly an audible window into their friends' and families' lives."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Friends Aloud 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Friends Aloud Lite reads the first 10 posts and is available for free.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple's iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.