April 7, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Tokyo, Japan - NTT Resonant, Japanese publisher of iOS games, and Berzerk Studio, a leading flash game developer, today announced the free version of Berzerk Ball, the iOS port of the popular Flash game Homerun in Berzerk Land. In the game, players smash Comeau, the snarky "geek" across Berzerk Land, while aiming for boosts that will send him flying further into oblivion. In the Flash version, players have swatted the hapless geek over 150 million times and show no signs of relenting.
Along with a free version, the first major update to Berzerk Ball brings all new, user-submitted quotes for the geek. Adding to his musings that range from "hacking your game for lolz," to commentary on how much "loading sucks," the new quotes showcase the best in player-generated wit.
"The humor of Berzerk Ball is one of it's best features, and we absolutely love all the hilarious quotes that our fans have submitted in support of our game," says Simon Lachance, Founder of Berzerk Studios.
Berzerk Ball has been updated for iOS with optimized graphics, new items, trophies and a special, sexy character. Players can tap the screen to control Comeau's flight toward items such as nuclear bombs, giant robots, and clouds of bees that all offer a huge variety of explosive boosts. As Comeau goes further, more XP is earned, which can be used to unlock new abilities and items for extra smashing pleasure.
We packed a lot of great content into Berzerk Ball Free, and we can't wait for everyone to try it out," says Lars Kelley, Founder of ZigZaGame.
Key features include:
* Tap to Smash - Just tap the meter at the right time to send the geek flying, and strategically control his flight to send him even further into oblivion
* Player Generated Quotes - Comeau, the nerdiest protagonist on iOS, chides players with hilarious quotes submitted in iTunes reviews. Experience the pleasure of bashing him to oblivion
* XP and Leveling - Smash the geek just right, and the further players send him into Berzerk Land the- more XP and money they earn for leveling, attributes and gear.
* Flight Control - Affect the geek's flight and get help from the denizens of Berzerk Land to smash him even further.
* Achievements - Unlock various achievements and badges to compare and share with friends.
* Game Center and Facebook - Game Center integration facilitates the race to top the score leaderboards; Facebook Connect to share achievements with friends.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 15.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Berzerk Ball 1.01 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Berzerk Ball Lite is available for free.
NTT Resonant is a subsidiary of NTT Communications and publisher of online content across various platforms including online and mobile. Its main offering is "goo", a leading online web portal and content destination for Japanese audiences. Other activities include video-based e-learning and other application packages based on video communications and broadband portals. NTT Resonant was founded in 2003 and is based in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
Berzerk Studio specializes in retro-style web gaming, which will remind you of the 80's games generation, an era when games were simple, addictive and most of all, unforgettable. The studio consists of a young and dynamic team, saturated with talent and imagination. Its goal is to produce high quality indie games in a variety of styles to satisfy all tastes.
Copyright (C) 2011 NTT Resonant and Berzerk Studio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.