April 13, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Gilbert, Arizona - Dapper Gentlemen, the app development company behind the wildly successful Ugly Meter and Meatball Madness, today released its newest application for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Wordicus 1.1 launched March 31, 2011, bringing mobile game enthusiasts a fast-paced, word-puzzle action game and featuring both turn-based multi-player and single-player modes.
Wordicus 1.25 is a tribute to classic word-themed games that revolutionizes multi-player gaming. In addition, the Wordicus 1.1 version features a never-before-seen game engine that allows people speaking two different languages to play against each other in their individual native tongue, making for a truly world-wide opponent base.
"We really wanted to create a game that sparks a nostalgic spirit in players but that also offers a revolutionary platform for gamers across the globe to interact," said Ryan Allen, co-founder of The Dapper Gentlemen. Powered by Open-Feint, Wordicus 1.1 has global leaderboards and achievements and a leveling system to allow gamers to know what they're up against before the first word is played.
Here's how Wordicus works:
* Players use a touch-screen interface to draw a line across a grid of letter tiles to form words then watch the word disappear as new blocks drop into their place.
* A player's score is based on the value of the letter tiles used and the special power tiles.
* Players unlock achievements and level up to access special blocks that multiply their score, destroy surrounding blocks and more.
* Players work through the more than 40 levels by completing words and earning points.
* Players can simultaneously play up to 20 games against opponents with an at-your-leisure, turn-based multi-player option or let the game find random opponents from across the globe.
* While waiting for opponents to make their move, players can choose one of two innovative single-player modes: Zen Mode, which allows players to take their time and spell as many words as they can; or Blitz Mode, which sets a time limit for players to try and spell as many words as they can before the timer runs out.
* 3G iPhone, iPhone 4, iPod touch, or iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 9.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wordicus 1.25 is available as a free version for iPhone and iPod touch users, which features only the multi-player option; the paid version for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users, which features both single- and multi-player versions. The paid iPhone and iPod touch versions are $0.99(USD) and the iPad version is $1.99 (USD). Wordicus 1.25 is available worldwide exclusively through the Apple App Store in the "Games" category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the Web site or blog you represent when making your request.
The Dapper Gentlemen is a duo of an app developer and graphic artist who use their combined talents to design iPhone, iPod touch and iPad applications. As children of the 80's, their inspiration comes from remakes of classic popular games from the past, but with modern updates to appeal to current gamers. Copyright (C) 2011 The Dapper Gentlemen. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.