April 19, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Boston, MA - Announcing that, Mommy Apps, LLC, the developers of MommyCal, has released a fast, simple, fun family organizer for for iPhone and iPod touch and MommyCal HD for iPad users. The application is a new launch that helps users control the chaotic schedules of a busy family. MommyCal uses icons for quick identification of activities on calendar days, offers more than 200 icons, five beautiful themes and is super easy to use. The app also allows users to easily create shopping and to-do lists, create custom icons and share what they create with others via email.
MommyCal is a new launch in the App Store. It is a fun and simple way for users to manage all the scheduling that comes with a busy family.
This application is the brainstorm of Kimberly Cornwell. "There was one week when I forgot my children's piano lessons and showed up on the wrong day for karate practice," says the Mommy Apps Founder and President. As a result, Cornwell decided to create a user-friendly, icon driven calendar for herself and other moms who juggle activities and schedules on a daily basis. She approached TrueFit Solutions of Pittsburgh, PA to do the developing and the rest, as they say, is history.
Users get have some creative fun with MommyCal as they manage their chaotic days. The app offers more than 200 activity-specific icons, five beautiful themes and the ability to create custom icons with personal photos. Assigning an event or activity to a certain day is just a matter of dragging the appropriate icon into place. Multiple icons fit into one calendar day, thanks to the app's auto-resizing feature.
These are some of the helpful features in MommyCal:
* Super easy-to-use and read
* Handles the schedules of everyone in the family
* Just drag icons to specific times and days to quick identification of an upcoming event
* Use as a to-do list and calendar for the day
* Easily create recurring events by pressing and holding down on an icon
* Create shopping lists that travel on the device - never forget a list again
* Create custom icons using personal photos
* Automatic resizing of icons to fit more than one on a particular date
* Scroll from day to day, week to week or month to month
* Share MommyCal icon, schedules, to-do and shopping lists by email
* Use the emails as invites to friends and family
* Help available by sending a note or question
With MommyCal, users can also very easily create their to-do and shopping lists, which are conveniently available as long as the user has their iDevice with them. If a busy mom is lucky enough to have some help, she can email her lists, icons or schedules to others, too.
* 3G, 3GS, 4 iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 10 MB (iPhone) 9.9 MB (iPad)
Pricing and Availability
MommyCal 1.1.002 is only $1.99 (USD) for iPhone/iPod touch; $2.99 for iPad and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Mommy Apps, LLC was founded by a busy mom who needed to find a solution for keeping her entire family's schedule straight. Mommy Apps is dedicated to providing moms and families everywhere, with easy-to-use, highly functional and stylish smartphone apps. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.