April 26, 2011 in Cases and Bags (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - WaterField Designs, a San Francisco manufacturer of custom laptop sleeves, bags and cases for digital gear, introduces the MacBook Air Travel Express in three custom sizes: for the 11- and 13-inch Airs and for the 13-inch MacBook Pro. This light and sophisticated MacBook Air case protects and organizes not just the laptop, but also the power adapter, the SuperDrive or power cord extension, the mouse, and additional accessories - all in one place. With its bold stripe and compact form, the MacBook Air Travel Express can be stashed inside a bag or, with the optional strap, worn over the shoulder.
The compact Travel Express protects the MacBook Air and its accessories while maintaining the light feel that makes the MacBook Air such a popular mobile device.
* Custom-sized, scratch-free, inside pockets for the MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, the power adapter, the SuperDrive or power cord extension, and a mouse
* Additional stretchy, interior pockets for cables, adapter, cell phone, keys, wallet, etc.
* Space internally for a thin magazine or similarly-sized notebook
* Custom made with domestically produced, 1050 denier, ballistic nylon
* YKK zipper opens case along top and side panel for easy access to, while maintaining the security of, internal contents
* Two impact-resistant, plastic inserts protect laptop and accessories
* Bold stripe in a choice of six earthy colors to match other WaterField Designs gear
* Use alone (under an arm, in a briefcase) or with optional D-rings & strap as stand-alone bag
"We wanted to accentuate the MacBook Air's light weight and thin size," explained founder Gary Waterfield. "With the MacBook Air Travel Express, you can pack all your accessories in and it still looks thin and svelte against your body. The best part? It feels light on your shoulder."
This new MacBook Air bag joins its cousin, the iPad Travel Express, in WaterField's new Travel Express product line - light, boldly-stylish and protective cases for the mobile professional.
Pricing and Availability:
MacBook Air Travel Express. Price: 11-inch Air - $79; 13-inch Air - $89; 13-inch MacBook Pro - $89. Colors: Black Ballistic with a stripe in - Black, Copper, Flame, Green, Pine, or Pearl. Add-ons: D-rings - $5; Simple Strap - $12; Suspension Shoulder Strap - $22. Available now for pre-order at the company online store. Shipping begins May 1, 2011.
WaterField Designs manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, cameras, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. WaterField Designs MacBook Air Travel Express, Air Travel Express, iPad Travel Express and Travel Express product line are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Copyright (C) 2011 WaterField Designs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and MacBook are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.