Cookie Stumbler Keeps Ad And Tracking Cookies Out And Browsers Clean
April 27, 2011 in Utility
[prMac.com] Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom - Cookie Stumbler 1.1.4, the newest iteration of the flagship app by WriteIt! Studios, adds to already the wide range of features a further improved heuristics engine, which detects even more unidentified ad cookies and improves the efficiency of the detection engine by almost 60%. Further it keeps track of all new visited sites by marking them with an 'unread' flag as known to every user from Apple Mail so that it becomes very easy to distinguish new sites. Additionally the support of Chrome v12 Developer Preview was improved, which makes Cookie Stumbler the first app of its kind to support this version for the Mac.
Cookie Stumbler allows its users to scan for ad and tracking cookies and remove them with just a single click or fully automatically via schedules. Similar to the principle of an anti-virus software, Cookie Stumbler always stays up-to-date using regular definition updates and an intelligent heuristics Cookie detection & analysis engine, to ensure that no private information, which is stored in cookies or can be revealed by analyzing the surfing habits, is given away.
In addition to that, all other cookies can be deleted by selecting only to keep the cookies of the bookmarked sites and / or the cookies of visited sites making the selection process very straight forward. As not all users always use bookmarks for their favorite sites and sometimes enter addresses manually, these websites will be added automatically to a whitelist or "Keep-list" if selected. Websites, which the user deselects once, are added to a blacklist and will be included into the clean until taken off the blacklist manually.
Depending on the willingness of the user to 'administrate' the process or to just not bother and run the cleaning process automatically, Cookie Stumbler offers a wide range of options:
* Schedules, where the different cleaning selections can be combined and executed automatically at a freely selected point in time, thus supporting the forgetful.
* Automator actions, which can be integrated into other workflows.
* Hit the "Clean" button in the application after either changing some selections or keeping the suggestions, which are made by the software.
* Use the Inspector or the provided "Quick Look" option to look through the very details of the cookies of each website individually and delete them at will.
Cookie Stumbler supports Mac OS X 10.5 or higher and all major web browsers for Mac OSX such as Safari, Firefox, Camino, Chrome, Chromium, OmniWeb and also manages 'Flash-Cookies' or in other words Local Shared Objects.
Features At A Glance:
* Scheduler to delete all known and identified ad / tracking cookies, non-bookmarked, non-keep list, non-browser history items at a freely configurable point in time
* Improved: Heuristics to detect ad/tracking cookies which are new and unknown so far
* filtering and deletion of all cookies except bookmark, history or 'keep list' items
* NEW: Mark new sites in an Apple Mail-style 'unread' flag
* Maintain a 'blacklist' to make subsequent cleans quicker and more efficient
* support of a variety of different browsers in one application and in one go
* service to update ad / tracking cookie definitions as soon as new ones are identified
* Automator actions to include Cookie Stumbler into your workflow
* Quick look feature to investigate the detail information of the stored cookies
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4 Processor, 1GHz or faster
* 20 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Cookie Stumbler is available for an introductory price from now on via our store starting from $18.95 (USD) with Family Licenses available as well. The application comes with a 1 year subscription to our update service, which includes software and definition updates. Subscription extensions will be available for $10 for one year and $17 for two years for both, single and family licenses.
Located in Rhos-On-Sea, United Kingdom, WriteIt! Studios Ltd. was founded in 2007. The company has successfully released so far WriteIt! and USB Backup and is releasing currently the next iteration ofCookie Stumbler, a privacy protection software. All Material and Software (C) 2007-2011 WriteIt! Studios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.