TapFactory Introduces TweetyPop for iPad - Twitter, Re-imagined
April 28, 2011 in Social Networking
[prMac.com] Newark, New Jersey - TapFactory, the mobile development company that brought Sticky Notes to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, announced today the release of their new Twitter iPad client, TweetyPop. TweetyPop is an iPad Twitter client that is unlike any other on the market; Tweets are displayed in a 3-dimensional Twitter-space timeline, providing a fluid, hands on stage for interacting with your Tweets.
"When we set out to create a Twitter app like no other, we wanted to inject something all Twitter apps have let slip through the cracks: fun. Sure chronological lists are utilitarian and have their purpose, but what's the fun in that? And so we created TweetyPop," says Cameron Smith, President of TapFactory Apps. Mr. Smith continues, "Other Twitter apps on the market seem like an iPad adaptation of their iPhone counterpart. We wanted to flip that process on its head and design an iPad Twitter client that is built iPad centric, rather than the other way around. This approach has created something that is truly innovative and refreshingly fun to use."
TweetyPop is a visually stunning hybrid between RSS reader and Twitter client that allows you to clear tweets as you read them. As Tweets appear, they sort in the chronological space-time-Twitter continuum. As you read each Tweet, grab it with your finger and fling it off screen. This revolutionary user experience is fluid, tactile, and multi-dimensional. With a full array of features, TweetyPop is a Twitter client posed to appeal to both the power user and new Twitter user alike.
In celebration of TweetyPop's release, TapFactory is running a 14 day sweepstakes with daily prizes and a grand prize iPad 2 with ClamCase. To enter the sweepstakes visit TapFactory online.
* Available for iPad and iPad 2
* Innovative 3D Twitter-Space for viewing tweets, with option of viewing in a more traditional List View
* A unique hybrid between RSS reader and Twitter client that allows you to clear tweets as you read them - you don't have to look at old tweets ever again
* Intuitively interact with tweets by flinging them off screen after reading
* Multiple ways to transport yourself through your timeline of tweets
* Supports multiple accounts
* Compose tweets - Upload photos and tag your location
* Dedicated views for Timeline, Mentions, Direct Messages, Favorites, Lists, Search, and Trends
* Instapaper, TextExpander, OmniFocus, and Things for iPad integration
* English, German, Romanian, Russian and Spanish
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 5.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Beginning Thursday, April 28th, TweetyPop 1.0 is on sale for $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Founded in 2008, TapFactory develops apps for the iPhone and iPod touch that are elegant, intuitive, and designed with the end user in mind. Our philosophy is to strike a harmonious balance between form and function that lives up to the Apple legacy. The company is based in Newark, NJ. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 TapFactory. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.