May 6, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Independent developer Ken Tidwell has announced D200 DSLR v2.0 for iOS, another in his series of popular Min-U Guides to Nikon DSLRs. The app provides quick, easy access to information by allowing the user to "drill down" through a topic, just like using the camera menus, until they find exactly what they need. For example, a new photographer may want to find out how to set the camera's self-timer so he can appear in a group shot.
From the app's opening screen the user selects the topic Custom Setting Menu from among six other chapter headings, then they pick Timers from five other choices, and finally they choose Self-Timer from four other listings, where step-by-step instructions are found. A convenient alternative to carrying bulky, printed reference material, the app also includes a handy list of D200 Quick Specs, a troubleshooting checklist, using the built-in flash, compatible lenses, error messages, supported standards, digital photography & DSLR lens glossaries, tripod tips, Nikon product previews and iPad Camera Kit overview
The opening screen of the Min-U (minimum menu) Guide consists of seven main chapter headings, each including a replica of the icon used on the D200 for that menu. The six Menu chapters include: Playback (modify playback settings and manage photos an movies), Shooting (configure D200 shooting options), Custom Settings (fine-tune camera settings to your liking), Setup (basic camera configuration), Recent (your custom menu and options). The sixth chapter, [More], contains miscellaneous info (D200 specs and glossaries, error messages, etc.) Touching any chapter title activates a push transition, where the next page enters right to left, pushing off the current page. Similarly, touching any topic on the second screen activates another transition. This smooth, visually appealing iOS based navigation system makes moving up and down the hierarchically arranged menus and sub-menus quick, intuitive and enjoyable.
D200 DSLR v2.0 achieves an ideal balance between comprehensiveness and clarity. Instructions contain no unnecessary verbiage, and no unnecessary steps. The goal of the adage "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler," has been achieved here with excellent results. Even when dealing with concepts prone to obfuscation (Error Messages), the Guide is always factual, straightforward, and easily understood. The app is a universal binary, and displays in the highest, native resolution on every iOS device.
* Active D-Lighting - ADL Bracketing
* AF Area Modes - AE Lock
* AF Assist - Available Shutter Speeds with Flash
* AF Focus Area Selection - Control Panel Reference
* AF Focus Modes - Custom Settings
* Auto Low-Pass - Dust Reference Photo
* Filter (Sensor) Cleaning - Exposure Bracketing
* Battery Information - Exposure Compensation
* Color Spaces - Exposure Modes
* File Numbering Options - Flash Exposure Compensation
* Focus Lock - Flash Modes
* High-ISO Noise Reduction - Flash Output (FV) Lock
* Image Quality - Flash Sync Modes
* Image Size - Image Overlays
* LCD Brightness - Image Playback
* Long Exposure Noise Reduction - ISO Equivalency
* Manual Focus - Live View
* Memory Card Formatting - Manual Low-Pass Filter (Sensor) Cleaning
* Menu Reset - Maximum Flash Shooting Distances
* Metering Modes - Multiple Exposures
* Movies - Playback Options
* Picture Control - Scene Modes
* Reset to Defaults - Viewfinder Reference
* Self-Timer - White Balance Bracketing
* Shooting Modes - White Balance Options
Independent developer Ken Tidwell, creator of the Min-U Guides series, commented, "Now you can spend your time shooting more amazing digital photos instead of carrying and digging through lengthy reference materials. D200 DSLR v2.0 is organized in the same manner as the D200 camera control menus, meaning that while you use it you also learn more about using your D200.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.1.3 or later (iOS 4.0 tested)
* Universal Application
* 7.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
D200 DSLR v2.0 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Photography category. D200 DSLR v2.2 is current with Nikon D200 v2.0.1 firmware. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, the Min-U Guides team is an independent software company founded by Ken Tidwell in February of 2009. With over three decades developing software, Ken's goal is to provide user guides, manuals and tutorials for a broad range of products while leveraging the unique Mac/iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2011 Ken Tidwell. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Nikon is a registered trademark of Nikon, Inc. All other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.