May 13, 2011 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Dover-Foxcroft, Maine - Battlefront announces the release of the demo for Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy. This completely free demo of Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy is available for both the PC and Mac OS X platforms. This free demoversion contains limited functionality and content to showcase the full version of the game, which can be purchased at the Battlefront website.
Demo Version Limitations:
* only three scenarios, especially made for this demo version, are playable (Note: This Demo includes a training battle "Training Mission - The Road to Berlin", playable from the American side. We recommend playing this battle before the other two.)
* QuickBattles are disabled (but the QB setup screen is visible)
* multiplayer modes (Play-by-Email and TCP) are fully enabled
* the Scenario Editor is enabled and fully functional, but it will not allow you to purchase units, load, or save any maps
* contains nag screens during launch end exit of the demo.
Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy (CM:BN) faithfully recreates the experience of tactical land warfare in Western France during World War Two. Using the unique Turn-Based (WeGo)/Real-Time hybrid game system of our proprietary CMx2 battle engine, the first installment in this new series covers the three months after the Allied D-Day landings in Normandy in June 1944, from Operation Overlord in June through the Cobra Breakout in August.
At the player's fingertips are a large array of carefully researched US and German Army formations, equipment, and vehicles in what is probably the most versatile, genuine and powerful battlefield simulation to date.
Battlefront, Inc. is an independent games developer and publisher since 1999, and home to one of the largest and most activate wargaming and strategy gaming communities on the web today. Copyright (C) 2011 Battlefront, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.