SongCatcher for iPhone to Become the Ultimate Solution for Songwriters
May 18, 2011 in Music
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Individual developer John Vella today is pleased to announce the release and worldwide availability of the updated version of SongCatcher app, the first fully functional recording studio environment on the iPhone platform designed around capturing creativity at the moment of inspiration. The app covers functionality of comprehensive midi devices and features both Audio and MIDI recording, making it the ultimate solution for the songwriters who are looking for a sketchpad.
Updated version of SongCatcher comes with improvements to the interface and functionality. The app features two modes which are tailored specifically for professional musicians, and enthusiastic amateurs, or anyone who likes having fun with music. Project mode offers the full functionality of SongCatcher in a fast, easy to understand interface. Its layout is in the style of conventional music software, with all of the controls easily accessible and functional. Simple mode is tailored to the inexperienced music interface user.
In the updated version users will be able to take the full advantage of the following unique features:
* 10 layers of recording, including 5 layers of Audio and 5 layers of MIDI.
* Simplified process of Audio to MIDI conversion, allowing the user to sing ideas and have instruments play them back.
* Audio recording through either built-in microphone or external input (via iRig or similar) which allows users to record and layer live performances.
* The program is equipped with resizable Piano Keyboard to play instruments.
* Instruments include: Piano, Electric Piano, Drums, Bass, Guitar, Distorted Guitar, Synth, Organ, Strings and Horns (more available through in-app purchase).
* MIDI editor to edit performance.
* Mixing functionality, including panning. Mixer now also controls MIDI record level.
* Ability to bounce mixes and re-import, hence allowing unlimited tracks.
* Tempo track with optional click.
* Ability to export mixes in various formats to email.
* Possibility to lay down ideas quickly and email them to the home studio.
* MIDI exporting, allowing users to transfer their MIDI work from SongCatcher to their studios.
"With SongCatcher we have aimed to provide the ultimate solution to musicians and songwriters everywhere for their crucial need to document musical ideas. SongCatcher brings to the mobile environment the most functional and necessary tools for use in the fastest and easiest way. We are very proud of getting our product to market and will continue to grow its functionality for our userbase." - John Vella, director, John Vella Music
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 15.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited sale period, SongCatcher 1.3 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). SongCatcher is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
John Vella is a Sydney based Singer/songwriter. He developed SongCatcher out of the passion and belief that capturing musical ideas is the most important part of the writing process, as we don't know where they come from, or when they are coming back. This product was born in 2006 as the major work for his Industrial Design degree at the University of New South Wales. Copyright (C) 2011 John Vella. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
914-613-3583 Ext 94