May 19, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Digital Charts today is pleased to announce an update to their parenting application for the Mac, Child Growth Charts, which includes new printing features, bug fixes and updated documentation. The update (1.1) will be pushed out to existing users automatically for free, giving them immediate access to the new functionality. Users wishing to manually download the application manually can do so from the Digital Charts web site and install it manually.
The new version offers the following features and benefits:
* Improvements in usability with tweaks to the UI to make it more intuitive to use.
* New printing functionality so parents can take their toddlers growth history with them the next time they visit the nurse or doctor.
* Documentation has been added to help users understand what everything does on the screen.
* Bug fix in the conversion of length measurements when working in centimetres
About Child Growth Charts:
The Child Growth Charts application allows parents to track their child's growth from 0 - 36 months. Parent's will be able to see how their child compares to the rest of the population with their position and history clearly shown on the official Center for Disease Control and Prevention child growth charts. Child Growth Charts gives parents piece-of-mind ensuring they always know how their child is progressing and provides a convenient record they can take to their doctor for their child's regular checkup.
* Uses official CDC charts - the child's statistics are super imposed directly onto the CDC charts for comparison
* The charts can be zoomed in and out using the pinch and stretch features of the track pad
* All the major measurements used to check a child's progress are supported in weight, height and head circumference
* Metric and American System units are supported with conversion between the two - work in your preferred units and convert between then as required
* Records can be kept for all the children in the family
* Printing of a child's historical growth data in a clean easy to understand format
Price and Availability:
Child Growth Charts requires Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Child Growth Charts is available today for $19.95 (US). A free trial version is available from Digital Charts online.
Located in Melbourne Australia, Digital Charts (Twitter:@digitalcharts) is a privately held software company founded by Stuart McVicar in 2009. Digital Charts develops applications for Apple's Mac, iPhone and iPad platforms that take difficult or confusing charts and data, and turns it into more useful information. All Material and Software (C) 2009-2011 Digital Charts. All Rights Reserved. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.