May 19, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Belfast, United Kingdom - Firebirdgames announces the release of Nom Nom 1.0. We really hope you enjoy playing this little puzzler for the iPhone and iPod touch. Four hungry animals need your help to get food. There's a parrot in the Jungle theme levels, a pig in the Farm levels, a penguin in the Icy Tundra and finally a hungry dog in the City theme levels.
This is a game for people who enjoy solving problems and have the intuition to experiment with gameplay until they figure things out. Nom Nom's simple concept belies it's challenging gameplay. Take the time to figure it out and you'll be rewarded with 60 levels of brain-teasing fun.
Created by Craig Smith and Terri McManus, Nom Nom is the debut game from firebirdgames. Visit our website to watch a preview video on YouTube for a sample of the gameplay.
* The food drops from the pipe. Move the red geometrical shapes, then place them to bounce the food to the animals.
* Tip gravity is your friend, the further the food drops the more it bounces up to a certain point.
* The aim is to create a steady link of bounces between the geometrical shapes.
* Bounce 20 food items to the hungry animal to complete each level.
* There's often more than one way to complete each level.
* The length of the food drop, angle and position of the geometrical shapes are all important factors to consider when you take on each level.
* If things aren't working out, press the reset button on the top left to clear the air and begin again.
* Things start to get really tricky with the Tundra theme. The fish shape is more difficult to bounce to the hungry penguins. Squares and diamond shapes bounce it further. Try the sharp corners for different angles!
* Press the pause button to gain access to help, level select and other features. Visit Level Select to reveal what levels have been unlocked.
Review (From the Italian App Store)
"Pick up and play this title!", by foxmulderino - Version 1.0 - 18 May 2011
Starting playing this game is a strange experience, u say, "oh, no; another one of these games". Well, let's continue to play for some minutes and u are hooked to the same game u have despised before. It's very simple and immediate to enter in the spirit of the game, the controls works perfect and the artwork is good, nothing to say. Maybe kids will enjoy it more, but I'm not a kid and I'm having fun lol. Also don't understimate the later levels, that are pretty difficult! If u want to pass 30 min or also 1 hour of pure fun, feeding in all the possible ways (from all directions) various type of animals, guys let's try this one, for a buck u can't go wrong!
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 4.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Nom Nom 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Firebirdgames develop compelling gaming experiences for ios devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Based in Northern Ireland, we draw on the experience of partners Craig Smith and Terri McManus. Craig and Terri have been new media practitioners since the mid-90s and have recently moved into game and interactive development for the mobile market. Copyright (C) 2011 Firebirdgames. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.