May 27, 2011 in Multimedia (F)
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris XML Transfer Version 3. Boris XML Transfer is an Adobe After Effects plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Avid Media Composer and Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to Adobe After Effects. New to Version 3, the Avid to After Effects workflow allows for direct import and translation of Avid AAF format files.
Boris XML Transfer preserves all aspects of an Avid Media Composer or Apple Final Cut Pro project including edits, cuts, dissolves, and treatments. In addition, Boris XML Transfer offers the unique ability to translate Boris Continuum Complete effects used in Avid or Final Cut Pro projects to corresponding Boris Continuum Complete effects in After Effects.
Boris XML Transfer Version 3 Feature Highlights:
* Clips Remain Fully Editable. All trimmed Avid Media Composer and Apple Final Cut Pro clips remain fully-editable in Adobe After Effects as stepped-up or stepped-down layers.
* Boris Continuum Complete Compatibility. Continuum Complete filter effects provide the same look and keyframe values for every parameter.
* Avid and Final Cut Pro Titles and Text Elements remain editable in After Effects.
* Integrity of Transferred Media Elements is preserved during the transfer from Avid or Final Cut Pro, including alpha channel information and masks.
* Expanded Import Options include the ability to import or ignore audio tracks and the ability to pre-compose all video and/or audio tracks during import.
* Familiar Look and Feel. Translated After Effects projects will look very familiar to Final Cut Pro or Avid editors. User marks, comments and labels for clips and sequences, and all user-defined names are carried across from Final Cut Pro or Avid to After Effects.
Pricing and Availability:
Boris XML Transfer Version 3 for Macintosh OS X is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site for an MSRP of $299.00 (USD) Version 3 is a free upgrade for all Boris XML Transfer users. A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download.
A Windows version of Boris XML Transfer is planned for later this year.
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software. Copyright (C) 2011 TinyPlanet Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.