August 14, 2008 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Scottsdale, Arizona - Cynical Peak Software is pleased to announce the release of Rivet 1.2, their application for streaming video, music, and photos from Mac OS X to an Xbox 360. Rivet is an easy to use and fun way to play all of your favorite media content from your Mac on your TV using your Xbox 360, including movies, TV shows, music, photos, and podcasts. You can now easily enjoy all of your media on your big screen TV from the comfort of your living room. Rivet 1.2 adds the ability to share your Aperture library and fixes all known stability issues.
Rivet enables everyone to quickly browse and view their entire collection of digital media from from anywhere in the house on their Xbox 360. Your Mac's folder structure and organization is completely reproduced to allow you to quickly find exactly what you want to view. Navigation is now a breeze. You no longer have to search through a long list to find what you want. Dig in and start watching right away.
* Music streaming of your iTunes library.
* Photo streaming of your iPhoto library, Aperture library, and user defined folders.
* Video streaming from user defines folders.
* Full organization support, your mac is recreated on the Xbox 360.
* Quick automatic updating on the Xbox 360 when files are added, deleted, or moved.
New in version 1.2:
* Added support for Aperture.
* Fixed the silent quit issue.
* Fixed an issue with parsing iTunes libraries.
* Fixed an possible exception when parsing media.
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later.
* iTunes for music sharing
* A networked Xbox 360
* 2.7 MB Hard Drive space.
Pricing and Availability:
Rivet 1.2 may be purchased for $18.95 USD and comes with a limited streaming demonstration period.
Headquartered in in Scottsdale, Arizona, Cynical Peak Software, LLC was founded in 2003 by President and CEO, Brad Miller, with a focus on bringing high quality software to the Macintosh platform. Copyright 2003 - 2008 Cynical Peak Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.