Tidal Pool Software releases MacProxy 2.0
May 31, 2011 in Networks and FTP
[prMac.com] Sackville, NB, Canada - Tidal Pool Software today is pleased to announce the release of MacProxy 2.0. MacProxy provides system-wide network proxy support for the Mac. It forwards network traffic from applications that do not support proxies and avoids complex setup for applications that do. MacProxy allows you to surf the internet from behind a firewall, tether your Mac to a SmartPhone/iPhone, and navigate the internet securely and anonymously.
A variety of SOCKS and HTTP/web proxy protocols are supported and a convenient proxy checker, to determine the type of proxy server, is included. Built-in SSH tunnel support provides quick, secure internet access even when connected to insecure, public WiFi networks.
MacProxy provides a simple and intuitive user interface via a system menubar menulet control and a System Preferences pane. The menulet allows users to quickly enable the proxy and switch between multiple proxy servers.
* Redirect your Mac's network traffic to any compatible SOCKS or HTTP proxy server
* Works with browsers (Safari, Firefox), email (Mail), chat (iChat, Skype), FTP, telnet, and many more network applications
* Enable and switch the active proxy conveniently from a menulet
* Track session statistics including the number of active connections and data sent/received
* DNS resolution through the proxy server
* Secure browsing by hiding your IP address
* Support for SOCKS proxy protocols including versions 4, 4a, and 5
* Support for HTTP/web proxy protocols including transparent, non-transparent, and connect
* SSH tunnel support - connect securely to a remote Mac to prevent snooping over WiFi networks
* Rules - proxy or ignore connections based on IP addresses, ports, domains (with wildcard support), and applications
* Quickly determine which proxy protocol a server supports using the built-in proxy checker
* Anonymize requests option (HTTP non-transparent only)
* Multiple user support - works for all users on a Mac
* 32/64-bit universal preference pane, application, and kernel extension
* Logging support
* Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Pricing and Availability:
MacProxy 2.0 is available immediately for download and is priced at $29.99 (USD). A free, fully functional trial is included for 30 days.
Based in Sackville, NB, Canada, Tidal Pool Software is an independent software company dedicated to writing great software for Mac OS X and iOS. Copyright 2011 Tidal Pool Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.