Riada announces Skrappy - The scrapbook for You
June 4, 2011 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Riada today is pleased to announce the release of Skrappy 1.0, a scrapbook app for creating beautiful scrapbooks using dynamic content such as music, movies, voice memos and favourite websites as well as photos, text and clip art. It's available now in the App Store for $3.99 (USD).
Skrappy has been designed to feel like a book, so pages are turned by swiping, with an animation to match. And unlike some products, photos are stored at full resolution, so there's no reduction in quality when photos are resized or cropped.
"We see scrapbooking is a natural fit for iPad, but it needs to be intuitive and easy to use, and we believe Skrappy delivers this", said Daniel Adair, Riada's CEO. "But making and sharing a scrapbook is really about creating a feeling, which is why we made sure that Skrappy can also make use of voice memos, movies, music and websites."
Creating a new scrapbook is easy using the built-in themes or creating a scrapbook from scratch. If a theme is selected, default theme objects in the scrapbook display a placeholder button, which can be tapped to quickly add content, such as photos. New themes can even be created and shared.
Objects have many editable properties such as borders, clipping shapes, fills, shadows and more. Even movies can be clipped to shapes. And all objects can have text overlays added using in-place text editing. Additional content can be added by browsing to an image on the web using the built-in web browser, then tapping and holding the image. The image will then be added to the current page as clip art, background or fill.
When viewing a completed scrapbook, each page can be viewed by swiping from page to page. Movies, music and voice memos can be set to play automatically, or controlled manually by tapping.
* Turn pages by swiping to display page turning animations, or use the page navigator to skim, add or reorder an unlimited number of pages
* Share your scrapbooks by exporting them in Skrappy or PDF format and send them via email or iTunes File Sharing
* Create new scrapbooks by choosing from the built-in themes including Photo Album, Traveller, Romance and Recipes, or design your own themes to share with friends
* Arrange objects by dragging, resizing or rotating, or cut, copy and paste between pages or scrapbooks
* Add your own photos from the Photos app using the Media Browser or add movies that start automatically or manually
* Include music from your iTunes music library (including album artwork) which plays automatically or manually
* Record voice memo objects that play automatically or manually
* Include webpages that open using the built-in browser or Safari
* Add clip art from the included library, or copy images from web pages
* Create text objects using in-place text editing with properties that include horizontal and vertical alignment, margins, fonts, sizes and colors
* Add overlay text on any existing object, including movies
* Clip objects to shapes such as squares, circles, arrows, hearts and many more
* Crop and mask images to shapes and borders by specifying placement, scaling and rotation within objects
* Use full undo and redo to roll back changes
* Fill objects with solid colors, linear and radial gradients or textures, or custom colors and gradients
* Snap to guides at 10%, center and edges
* Choose page backgrounds using theme, built-in backgrounds, your own photos or images from the web
* Set object properties such as border styles, thickness and color, shadows, opacity, fonts, text color and size
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 59.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Skrappy 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Founded in 1995, Riada embraces a philosophy that software should be excellent, fun and easy to use. This commitment has ensured Riada products have been used on some of the most recognizable sites on the net. Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Riada. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.