June 7, 2011 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Cologne, Germany - ditter.projektagentur GmbH today introduces The Photo Cookbook - Quick and Easy 5.0 for iOS, part of their best-selling series of Photo Cookbook cooking apps, and an enhanced version of the original print book "Frame by Frame - Quick and Easy" from Parragon Books. The app features a total of 84 recipes in four Topics, over 700 high resolution photos, iPad and Retina display optimization, easy scrolling of Chapters and recipes, ingredient pop-up windows providing extra details, in-app emailing of ingredients, and simple step-by-step instructions with accompanying photographs. In addition to 60 Quick & Easy Recipes, the app provides a sampling of dishes (24) from three other books: Italian, Asian, and Baking. Users may obtain all 60 recipes in each of the additional three categories as separate, in-app purchases.
Featured Recipes (Quick & Easy):
* Baked Tapenade Chicken
* Honeyed Apricot Lamb with Lemon Couscous
* Chorizo, Chile & Chickpea Casserole
* Fish Goujons with Chili Mayonnaise
* Sea Bass with Olive Gremolata
* Linguine with Sardines
* Risotto with Asparagus & Walnuts
* Provolone Cheese Skewers on Fennel & White Bean Salad
* Falafel Burgers
* Quick Tiramisu
* Blueberry Amaretti Desserts
* No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Cake
The Photo Cookbook - Quick and Easy clarifies the preparation of 60 recipes for Meat, Fish, Vegetarian and Dessert dishes. Beautiful photography, which is displayed in high resolution especially on iPad, illustrates every step. Every recipe begins with a picture illustrating all the ingredients used in the recipe that follows. This way, chefs can easily determine, at a glance, whether all the necessary ingredients are available for each recipe. The short preparation instructions are clearly formulated and easy to understand. This, along with the images, helps beginners and experts alike think about the small details. Every recipe is rounded out with an artistically photographed image of the final result.
* Basic version with 84 recipes and over 700 high-resolution photos
* Expandable with In-App-Purchase to 240 recipes and 2,000 photos
* Recipes cover 4 Topics, each with 4 Chapters: Quick & Easy, Italian, Asian, and Baking
* Quick & Easy Topic includes: Meat, Fish, Vegetarian, and Desserts Chapters
* Italian Topic includes: Appetizers & Soups, Noodles & Rice, Main Meals, and Desserts Chapters
* Asian Topic includes: Appetizers & Soups, Noodles & Rice, Main Meals, and Desserts Chapters
* Baking Topic includes: Cakes & Traybakes, Pastries, Small Cakes & Cookies, and Breads Chapters
* The topic on Baking is also available as a separate app: The Photo Cookbook - Baking
* All recipes are easy to prepare
* All recipes displayed in professional step-by-step photographs
* Search function for ingredients and recipes
* Ingredient lists can be emailed
* Ingredients provided with consumer information (retrieved with a tap on the relevant ingredient)
* Scrollable, pop-up windows provide complete information and photos of each ingredient in every recipe
* Compatible with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
* User-selectable US Imperial or UK Metric measures
The app is divided into four Chapters: Meat, Fish, Vegetarian, and Dessert dishes. Every Chapter contains a handpicked selection of 15 refined recipes - including traditional family favorites and modern interpretations, recipes for the special occasion and easily made gourmet fare. All preparations are uncomplicated and useful for the complete beginner, thanks to the step-by-step instructions. A digital version of the original coffee table book, "Frame by Frame - Quick and Easy," the app version is as visually appealing to the eye as the actual main courses and desserts are to the taste buds. Particularly when viewed on the large iPad screen, the expertly crafted images are self-illuminated and seductive.
Operable in portrait or landscape mode, the opening screen contains four Topic buttons in the tab bar, and four long columns for each of the four Chapters. Users can scroll through Chapters easily to choose the recipe they would like to try. Touching any photo activates a slide-in transition of a full screen photo displaying all the ingredients required in small bowls, and a text list of items and quantities. Scrolling down, step-by-step text instructions are illustrated with large color photos pertaining to that step. Finally, scrolling all the way to the bottom is a full screen photo of the finished dish. The photography throughout is of the highest quality, and all ingredients and foods are shot from overhead arranged on distressed ceramic-tile tabletops.
According to Managing Director Michael Ditter, "The Photo Cookbook is like a private cooking course in your own kitchen with an experienced cook who clarifies the preparation. Beautiful photography, elegantly displayed in high resolution on your iPad, illustrates every step. Every recipe starts with a photograph of all the ingredients you’ll use in the process. This way and in one glance, you can control if you’ve got all the ingredients you need for preparing the dish. Each short and straightforward step is clearly explained and easy to understand. Along with the pictures, this assists novice cooks as well as those with more experience in remembering the little touches that can easily be overlooked. Each recipe ends with a photograph of the finished dish, complete with any serving suggestions."
* US English, UK English, German, French, and Dutch
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 323 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Photo Cookbook - Quick & Easy 5.0 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. The Photo Cookbook - Italian, The Photo Cookbook - Asian, and The Photo Cookbook - Baking, are available as an in-app purchases for $4.99 each. Review copies are available upon request.
ditter.projektagentur GmbH is based in Cologne, Germany and founded by Michael Ditter. As a producer, we create and prepare books and calendars - from the idea phase to the final printing product. We have been working for large publishing houses and industrial companies since 2001. Our creations are focused primarily on culinary arts, cultural history, art, and photography. Our strengths are, apart from experience and know-how: a long-standing and successful network of competent freelancers - authors, photographers, editors and graphic artists - and our own enormous photo archive, as well as great contact with renowned domestic and foreign photo agencies. Multimedia material is gaining an increasing importance in today's market. Therefore, we are also altering many of our themes and products, designed for publishing house production into the modern digital form, and marketing them ourselves. Our debut project was an application for the iPhone: the &amp;quot;Food Guide,&amp;quot; a multilingual international encyclopedia for food (released Autumn 2009). Copyright (C) 2011 ditter.projektagentur GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.