June 9, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Ann Arbor, Michigan - Humble Daisy released an update to its popular mobile recording tool SonicPics adding video out capability along with a new project picker interface. SonicPics makes it easy to use images from the iPhone's photo library or built in camera to make custom slide shows and then record a voiceover narrating the images as you swipe through them. Once you are finished, you can create an enhanced m4v video with your images synchronized to your narration, complete with chapter markers. Recordings can be shared in a variety of ways including posting to YouTube.
"Adding video out will allow students and professionals to plug into a external projector while they are recording." explained Humble Daisy CEO Dave Chmura. "Now you can give a photo presentation to a group while making a recording. We think this functionality will be very popular."
Humble Daisy is also in the midst of a crowd-funding initiative to support the development of ProfCast Mobile for iOS. ProfCast Mobile is based on the SonicPics foundation, but adds additional functionality such as animations and live annotations specifically target professional presenters. If the project's goal is reached, ProfCast Mobile for the iOS will be developed for release in Fall 2011. The company is giving a copy of ProfCast Mobile to each contributor of $10 or more along with other incentives.
SonicPics Feature Highlights include:
* Intuitive UI
* Share recordings via email
* Syncs images to audio
* Record up to 60 minutes per session
* Choose from good, better or best quality levels for audio
* Easy image selection and editing
* Creates .m4v movies
* Great for podcast recording
* Give images unique titles and descriptions that can optionally be shown during recording
* Image titles become chapter markers in exported recordings
* Pause while recording
* Build slide shows with photos from photo albums, camera roll or built in camera
* Quickly jump to any image during a recording using the pop-up image chooser
* Recordings processed right on your phone, no 3rd party service required
* Transfer movies WiFi web sharing
* Upload movies to YouTube
* Chose to make your YouTube movies private
* Share your movie's YouTube link via email
New Features in SonicPics 1.5
* Added - New Project Picker interface
* Added - Video out support during recording
* Added - Video out support during previews
* Added - Rewritten Image Picker
SonicPics Lite is a free version of SonicPics. With SonicPics Lite your custom slide shows can contain up to 3 images and you can record up to 10 minutes. SonicPics Lite also ads a "Made with SonicPics" slide to the end of each recording. SonicPics Lite does not support video out.
* iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation)
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SonicPics Lite is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. SonicPics is only $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Review copies are available to the media upon request.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Humble Daisy, Inc. is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by husband-wife team of David and Michael Chmura. With a focus on the Mac platform, Humble Daisy's goal is to provide simple and elegant, user-centered solutions to facilitate personal and professional success. Copyright 2002-2011 Humble Daisy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.