June 10, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - To celebrate being featured as the App of the Day on Gizmodo, the first and only iPhone app with real-time HDR video effects, Flare, is sponsoring the Share your Flare contest. The top prize will go to the best and most creative video shot with Flare. In order to open the contest to more creative individuals, Flare has lowered its price this week to $0.99.
Having released just one week ago, Flare rose to the top of the App Store charts, reaching as high as the top 50 paid overall and #6 in the Photography category. To celebrate the success, a video contest has just launched. The aim of the contest is to show off the various features of the app such as independent focus, exposure, and white balance controls, as well as zoom for video.
The effects of the app are unparalleled, and this is the main thing it is hoped to show by the contest entries. As quoted by Gizmodo: "Flare is the best because it was the only one bold enough - technology be damned - to introduce it to your phone". The contest entrants have the option of using any of the effects that come standard with the app.
The contest is currently running and submissions will be accepted until June 30, 2011.
* US English, Basque, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Serbian, Spanish and Vietnamese
* Effects live on screen - no delay
* Focus independently of exposure - just tap then drag
* Pinch to zoom
* Easily lock white balance, exposure, and focus by tapping
* Share full quality videos to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Flickr, and more
* Independent focus and exposure available on devices which support focus control
* iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 4G, and iPad 2
* Requires iPhone OS 4.1 or later
* 4.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Flare 1.0 is now $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Wave is focused on creating highly usable and beautiful apps. The iPhone offers a great user experience, an experience we aim to match. Copyright (C) 2011 Alaric Cole. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.