AirBeam 1.1 released for iOS - Realtime HD Video Surveillance
June 12, 2011 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Eurasburg, Germany - Appologics today is proud to announce the release of AirBeam 1.1, a major feature update to their high quality iOS video monitoring solution. AirBeam is an universal app for iPhone, iPod and iPad and streams high resolution video in realtime with up to 30 frames per second between multiple iDevices on a WiFi network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor. AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations.
With AirBeam 1.0 released just a month ago, AirBeam 1.1 introduces numerous new features:
* Adaptive video encoding now continuously measures the quality of the network connection and dynamically adapts the bitrate of the video stream. The result is a tremendous improvement of video quality and framerate
* Adjustable video buffering further smoothens video playback and allows adjustable latency for e.g. audio lipsync
* Password protection allows to protect camera devices with a password to prevent unauthorized access in open WiFi environments
* Screen off on camera devices reduces battery consumption and allows longer run times
* Mac readiness makes AirBeam ready for monitoring on Mac OS computers. The Mac OS app is currently in beta state and will be released on the Mac AppStore soon
* Camera mode requires built-in camera (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal App
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AirBeam 1.1 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
AppoLogics is an independent iOS development studio founded in 2010 by experienced iOS developer Heiko Straulino. AppoLogics mission is to create amazing mobile Internet applications, technically advanced with perfect usability at the same time. Copyright (C) 2011 AppoLogics. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.