June 15, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Apple iPhone users can access and listen to their Facebook news feed via Friends Aloud Pro. The just-released Version 1.1 fixes bugs and further optimizes VoiZapp's proprietary reading aloud technology for Facebook. Using Friends Aloud Pro, a user can:
* Read aloud their latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
* Flick through each post on screen or tap around to read posts at random
* Automatically switch between reading existing posts in sequence or just reading new posts as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the built-in iPod app
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod app
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
* Choose to limit the number of comments read aloud
"Facebook has become an integral part of peoples' lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way they access and use social networking services", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "You can now stay in touch with your Facebook friends while safely using your iPad on the go - while driving, walking, exercising, or working - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. Friends Aloud Pro also gives the visually-impaired and elderly an audible window into their friends' and families' lives. We are especially proud of this new Version 1.1, which fixes some obscure bugs and implements user suggestions for improvement."
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 57.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Friends Aloud Pro 1.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple's iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.