June 15, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Billingstad, Norway - Independent software developer Carsten Mielke today released version 1.2 of TileWindows, the toolbar application for moving and zooming multiple application windows simultaneously. Three new functionalities have been added to the new version that give users more options to tailor window sizes and positions to their individual needs.
The new features "Up and down", "Side by side", and "1 Left 2 Right" let users organize the last two or three active windows on the screen in a preset pattern through a menu command or a keyboard shortcut. The "Undo" function, which also has been added, makes it easier to try different window arrangements with fewer clicks.
Getting support or giving comments on TileWindows 1.2 has also been improved. A built-in emailing function "Send me an email" opens a new message addressed to the developer in the user's standard email program.
TileWindows is a window management tool developed to provide a quick and practical way to rearrange and resize windows as and when required. In addition to the program's preset window layout options, it includes also standard functions such as half-sizing a window to the left or right of the screen, cascading windows or switching to full screen mode. Customizable shortcuts can be used instead of the menubar.
* Resize and move a window to fill half of the screen
* Resize and move a window to a quarter of the screen e.g. to the top left quarter
* Move a window to one corner of the screen
* Move a window to the center of the screen
* Resize a window to fill the entire screen
* Move and resize all windows and stack them up
* Side by side function, which splits the screen vertically and fits the last two active windows on one side each
* Up and down function, which splits the screen horizontally and fits the last two active windows in one half each
* 1 Left 2 Right function, which resizes the last three windows so that one window fits the left half of the screen, and the other two share the right half of the screen
English, German, Norwegian
* Intel-based Mac
* Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard or above
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
To celebrate the launch of the new version, TileWindows can be bought at a 20% discount for $7.99 USD on the Mac App Store or on the developer's website. The regular price after the introduction offer expires will be $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies).
Located in Billingstad, Norway, Carsten Mielke is an independent software developer and consultant whose passion for the Mac platform is only exceeded by his aim to craft simple, yet useful utilities. Carsten Mielke aspires to stay at the forefront of technical developments by applying new trends and knowledge into his programming for the benefit of his customers. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2011 Carsten Mielke / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.