June 15, 2011 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Kenilworth, United Kingdom - HairerSoft today is pleased to announce Amadeus Pro 2.0 for OS X, a major update to their flagship multi-track audio editor. Designed to provide the power and flexibility of much more expensive audio applications, Amadeus Pro features: real-time audio analysis tools, batch processing, live multi-track recording, digitizing tapes and records, conversion between many different audio formats, and extensive sound repairing and de-noising. The update includes native support for 64-bit processing and 32-bit floating point sound files, the ability to split tracks into multiple clips on the same timeline, and sophisticated multi-band de-noising.
Amadeus Pro is optimized for complex audio tasks, through the use of direct-to-disk recording and waveform caching during editing. Very large sound files, even in excess of the typical 2 GB limit, are easily processed and edited. The app also includes extensive support for markers and video soundtracks. As found in high-end audio editors, such as Apple's own Soundtrack Pro, Amadeus includes the following sound analysis tools: Spectrum, Sonogram, Waveform Statistics, Multi-Band RTA, Real-Time Spectrum, Oscilloscope, and Real-Time Waveform.
* Simple and elegant Mac OS X - like user interface
* Multi-track editing and recording
* Batch processing and conversion
* Sound de-noising and repairing
* Supports a variety of sound formats, including: Multi-Channel AIFF, Multi-Channel WAVE, MP3, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, SoundDesigner II, QuickTime, Apple CAF, WMA, etc.
* Support for VST and Audio Unit plugins
* Favorite Actions window keeps commonly used effects readily available
* Integrated support for files in the iTunes Library
* A wide range of powerful audio analysis tools
* Audio CDs with CD-TEXT data can be burned directly from within Amadeus Pro
The app also supports standard VST audio effect plugins and includes a selection of more than 15 Audio Units plugins (equalizers, compressors, filters, etc.). Of special interest to those transferring records, there are complete RIAA equalizers and reverse equalizers, as well as 78 rpm EQ. Finally, the app is capable of sophisticated de-noising, including cracks and pops, hum, and various types of continuous and discontinuous noise. Users can sample noise and make custom noise-prints, and employ long or short FFT algorithms on peaked or smooth noise.
Improvements in Version 2.0:
* Tracks can be split into multiple clips on the same timeline
* Real-time Audio Units can be assigned to each track, reducing the need to perform destructive edits
* Smart editing (adds short crossfades for cut / paste operations that prevent cracks)
* Improved interface look, in particular level meters
* Keeps video tracks intact in QuickTime movies - convenient for editing movie soundtracks
* MP3 and m4a / AAC files are not re-encoded if only metadata is modified
* Direct recording from Internet streams (MP3 and Ogg Vorbis)
* Automatic start / end of recording triggered by volume changes
* Built-in media browser
* Works natively with 32-bit floating point sound files
* 64-Bit version on Mac OS 10.6 or later
* Drag and drop selection
* Supports Growl notifications
* Real-time analysis tools work with open documents
* Supports reading and writing of WMA / AMR / 3GP / 3GP2 audio files
* Scheduler can manage multiple timed recordings and launches automatically
* Multi-band de-noising
* Batch processor uses multiple processor cores
"HairerSoft is a one-man operation, and since 1995 my main goal has been to offer the latest in audio editing and processing technology at the lowest possible cost," stated owner Martin Hairer. "Over the years, with the help of many users and developers, Amadeus has evolved into the most affordable audio editor available that offers so much flexibility and power."
* US English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Finnish, and Danish
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later (OS X 10.6 tested)
* 29.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Amadeus Pro 2.0 is priced at $59.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Music category. It may also be purchased directly from HairerSoft. Existing users of Amadeus Pro can upgrade to version 2.0 for $39.99. Amadeus Lite is available for $24.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Kenilworth, United Kingdom, HairerSoft was founded in 1995 with the aim of producing the most user-friendly and feature-complete audio wave editor for the Mac OS. Copyright (C) 2011 HairerSoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Soundtrack Pro are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.