June 15, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Seattle, Washington - m3me, Inc. has announced the release of App Conductor HD 1.0 for iPad, a unique productivity app for wirelessly managing applications on a computer. App Conductor is designed to be used along side your computer and supports three productivity enhancing operations: remote program launcher, application / window switcher and window control.
App Conductor communicates securely over Wi-Fi with a free server program that runs on a Mac or PC. The program launcher displays icons pinned to a Mac's dock or a PC's taskbar as a scrollable row at the bottom of the screen. The application / window switcher displays all the computer's open windows in a unique scrollable grid. Any individual window can be raised to the front by tapping on a thumbnail. Tap and hold control menus allow windows to be closed, minimized or maximized remotely, and applications to be exited.
"There has been a lot of talk lately that we are living in the post-PC era, yet most people are still spending eight hours a day sitting in front of a traditional computer," commented m3me CEO, John Marshall, "App Conductor lets you leverage your iPad's large touch-screen to use your computer more productively."
* Wirelessly manage remote applications on a Mac or PC over Wi-Fi
* Remote Application Launcher - Start apps pinned to a Mac's Dock or PC's Taskbar
* Application / Window Switcher - view thumbnails of open windows and switch between them
* Supports the Mac's Spaces feature
* Application Control - Quit app, hide all (Mac only), close window, minimize, maximize/restore
* Strong 256 bit AES encryption on all network traffic
* iPad with iOS 3.2 or later
* 0.9 MB of space
* Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* Windows XP SP3, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bit)
* Free Conductor Server app
* Local Wi-Fi network
Pricing and Availability:
App Conductor HD for iPad priced at $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Based in Seattle, Washington, m3me, Inc. is a small software company founded by former Microsoft and Google engineers in 2009. The company is focused on developing applications that enable mobile devices to enhance the everyday computing experience. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 m3me, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S and/or other countries.