June 17, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Sammamish, Washington - Juicy Bits is happy to announce that the Universal version of Halftone is now available, and it has been selected by Apple as the iPhone and iPad App Of The Week in the Canadian App Store. Version 1.6.1 is an upgrade for existing iPhone and iPod touch users that adds even more paper styles and stamps. The new version is also a Universal app that works even better on iPad.
With over 300,000 users in only 3 months and an average rating of 4.7 (out of 5), Halftone is a fun way to add aged printing and comic-style effects to photos to give them a unique, vintage look. Including 27 paper styles, nine layouts, two caption formats, six different speech ballon shapes, 24 stamps, and three licensed fonts, photos can be customized, then saved to the photo album, sent via e-mail, shared with friends on Facebook and Twitter, and printed.
* Universal app that runs on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* 27 paper styles, from crisp and clean to distressed and aged
* Two different caption styles, including one with a large initial character and a gradient background
* Six speech balloon styles
* 24 stamps (BLAM!, Arrrggh!, etc.) with customizable colors
* Nine unique layouts, including layouts without any captions or borders
* Three licensed fonts: Digital Strip, Alter Ego, and Billy the Flying Robot
* Support for front-facing camera, flash modes, camera zoom, and tap to focus
* Final Halftone images can be saved to the photo album, sent via e-mail, shared directly with friends on Facebook and Twitter, and printed
* Choice of Twitter image upload services: yfrog and TwitPic
* Settings screen for more customization
* Ability to work with full size images
* Control of halftone dot size, including the ability to turn them off
* Setting for dot gain
* Setting to turn off the introductory screen
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 18.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Halftone 1.6.1 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Founded in 2009, Juicy Bits is a small company that produces unique, freshly squeezed software for mobile devices. Their first release, 3D Camera, earned 4.5 mice (out of 5) from Macworld and is frequently among the top 100 photography apps worldwide. Nature Images and Nature Images HD feature photos that have been downloaded over 3 million times and are included in major operating systems. Most Juicy Bits apps have been selected and highlighted by Apple at some point in their history. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Juicy Bits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.