June 20, 2011 in Medical (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Ezvid Inc., a developer of psychotherapy tool applications, has announced the release of "EMDR for Clinicians", an application created by Dr. Tony Rousmaniere, that provides adjustable-frequency tones for use in EMDR psychotherapy (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing). The application displays the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds, for easier note-taking.
EMDR is a model of psychotherapy that has been demonstrated in many studies to be highly effective at treating the symptoms of trauma and other psychological issues. EMDR uses a structured eight-phase psychotheraputic approach which addresses the past, present, and future aspects of dysfunctionally stored memory. During the processing phases of EMDR, the client attends to the disturbing memory in multiple brief sets of about 15-30 seconds, while simultaneously focusing on the dual attention stimulus. Following each set of such dual attention, the client is asked what associative information was elicited during the procedure.
"EMDR for Clinicians" can be used with any set of headphones, or can be plugged into computer speakers. It features adjustable frequency tones designed for EMDR and an adjustable volume. This application is for use only by clinicians who have received appropriate training in EMDR.
* "EMDR for Clinicians" can be used with any set of headphones, or can be plugged into computer speakers
* Adjustable frequency tones designed for EMDR
* Adjustable volume
* Displays the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds
Instructions for use: Please Note: this application is designed only for use by properly trained clinicians.
1. Purchase "EMDR for Clinicians" application from iTunes store (for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch).
2. Launch the "EMDR for Clinicians" application.
3. Plug your headphones (any kind) into the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch. "EMDR for Clinicians" can also be used with computer speakers.
4. Set the bilateral tone speed by using the Speed Bar ("Slow/Fast").
5. Set the bilateral tone volume by using the Volume Bar ("Quiet/Loud").
6. Give the headphones to the person who will be receiving the bilateral audio stimulation.
7. Press the green Start/Stop button to start the bilateral sounds. The counter will display the duration of each reprocessing set, in seconds.
8. Press the red Start/Stop button to stop the bilateral sounds. The counter will continue to display the duration of the last reprocessing set until a new set is started.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 5.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
EMDR For Clinicians 1.0 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Medical category. There is also an iPad version available.
Ezvid Inc. is Los Angeles software development company. Copyright (C) 2011 Ezvid Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.