June 21, 2011 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Novosibirsk, Russian Federation - The Alice Dev Team today is pleased to introduce FrontCam Trap 1.0 for iOS, their new utility that allows users to secretly snap a time-stamped, security ID photo of any person taking the user's iOS device out of locked/sleep mode. Photos of unauthorized users are kept in an in-app library that may be password protected. Additional optional features include: a siren alert when a photo is taken, silencing the shutter sound effect, and Dropbox connectivity and storage for photos. The app functions as an ideal trap, capturing a photo of any unsuspecting person attempting to take the user's iPhone out of sleep mode. It was developed in cooperation with the design studio Unlike Productions.
FrontCam Trap does not work in the background. Users must first run the app, enable it, and then lock the iPhone by pushing the Wake/Sleep button. The app is now armed and will take a photo of the first person that unlocks the iPhone. The surveillance photo is saved to an in-app Photo Library that can be password protected. The person unlocking the phone will see a neutral message on a black screen. Tapping twice returns the user to normal operation.
* Automatically snaps a photo when the iOS device is awakened from sleep mode
* Saves images at a resolution of 640x480 or greater (device dependent)
* Optional auto-sync of photos with the user's Dropbox account
* In the event the user's iOS device is stolen, a photo of the thief can be found in Dropbox
* User-friendly interface and no need for further configuration
* Access to the app's Photo Library folder is password protected
* Operates instantly and silently and does not add any additional CPU load when armed
* Printer and e-mail connectivity from within the app
* Copy photos to iOS Photo Albums Library
* Optional audio alarm can be set to go off when a picture is taken
Uses for the App:
* Verify that children have not turned on the iOS device without permission
* Be sure no one is looking at the SMS messages on the device
* Obtain evidence of parents, partners, roommates, or co-workers making unauthorized use of the iOS device
* Capture a photo to Dropbox of the thief, should the iOS device be stolen
* Get fresh, candid pictures for posting on blogs or social networks
"Get FrontCam Trap today to spare yourself from worrying that others may be using your iPhone," stated developer and CEO Stanislav Kuptsov. "Be certain that no one is making unauthorized calls or looking through your personal information."
* iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th gen.), or iPad 2
* 4.9 MB
* iOS 4.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Front Cam Alert Spy 2.0 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, the Alice Dev Team is a small, independent, professional software team founded in 2008 by Stanislav Kuptsov and Pavel Malay. Alice Dev designs and develops games, utilities, entertainment, and social applications for the Mac platform while aiming to create apps that give their customers joy. Copyright (C) 2011 Alice Dev Team. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.